Have you ever ordered a new car?

(7 Posts)
FiveHoursSleep Mon 09-May-16 20:23:09

If so, how long did it take to be built and what make was it?
We've been told 12 weeks for a new car built to ( some of ) our specs but I was wondering how likely it is be longer? The dealers won't tell us anything more than '12 weeks'.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 09-May-16 20:26:10

I have had 2 Skoda from new and both took approximately 12 weeks, maybe longer. We found after a few weeks they would ring and offer us different models with different features/colours that were presumably cancelled orders, which we declined as I was pg and having a cs so would not drive it for 6 weeks anyway. For 3 weeks it was 'at the port'!

lavendersun Mon 09-May-16 20:27:51

Yes, Volvos and a Land Rover, all three months plus I'm afraid.

SaveSomeSpendSome Mon 09-May-16 20:28:05

I ve just picked up my new car today!!

Its a Kia Sportage Kx4.

They initially said 6 weeks wait and was due 28th May, it arrived at my local Kia on Thursday last week so several weeks early.

It came from Korea which is next to China.

My aunt always has a new car every 3 years (disability one, she isnt rich!) and she likes Volkswaggon and they usually take 12-16 weeks.

FiveHoursSleep Mon 09-May-16 21:27:07

We are looking at a Seat, made in Spain so it doesn't need to come far!

SnuffleGruntSnorter Mon 09-May-16 21:31:37

We were told 12 weeks but if we wanted another colour it would be four weeks as there was one in a showroom already to that specification. We liked the other colour just as much so went for it

HormonalHeap Thu 16-Jun-16 23:53:58

Porsche Cayenne 14 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now