Jaguar F Pace

(6 Posts)
Karcheer Tue 03-May-16 08:46:25

Is anyone getting one?

If so, what colour? I'm torn between black, dark grey or white.
Also sport or portfolio? I prefer the sport but the portfolio seats I think are nicer...

madasamarchhare Tue 03-May-16 12:41:53

Very nice we are also looking at these but are comparing to discovery sport. We haven't been able to test drive an f pace yet they have only just been release haven't they? Have you driven one. Have you compared it to anything else? We've been told there's a long waiting list already which is putting us off. I am not patient enough to wait!!

Karcheer Tue 03-May-16 15:48:58

We are test driving at the weekend. I've an evoque so comparing with that is easy, we were thinking of getting a sport but dh fancied the f pace as its new and it was a lot cheaper! We've been given a December date.

madasamarchhare Tue 03-May-16 17:45:03

I fancied an evoque and hadn't even looked at a discovery until we went into the dealership. Discovery won over the evoque due to increased versatility. The car looks so spacious. But then we saw the f pace and now we aren't so sure!! Don't really want to wait til December though. My dealer estimates about 2 month lead time on the discovery sport at the moment. Must contact dealer to arrange test drive of the f pace.

sparechange Thu 19-May-16 09:19:29

We put our order in a few months ago because the waiting list was filling up, but on the condition that we could get our money back if we didn't like it after the test drive.

We did the test drive on Monday and LOVED it! So, so much nicer to drive that the Discovery Sport, and has a proper boot unlike the Evoque.
It doesn't feel like a big car, and I insisted on spending some of the test drive parking it, and reversing into tight spots, which made the salesman a bit hmm because most people just want to see how fast them can get off traffic lights!

The only thing I didn't like was the sat nav. It was very slow to respond, so I think that might annoy me. DH is tempted to upgrade it to the iPad-y option, but it's an extra £1200 so I'm really not keen.

Our current build slot means we will get it in September, but if you order it this week, you won't get one until next year, according to our dealership.

We've gone for the 3l diesel with black interior and exterior. The demo car had the red and black seats and they were grim! The only optional extra we've added is the automatic opening boot, which seemed like a sensible idea when hands are full - you wave your foot under the bumper and it opens by itself.

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 19-May-16 09:23:32

Saw it first time yesterday and it is beautiful, not even really a car sort of person. Very jealous of anyone getting one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now