Yetis and dogs

(4 Posts)
MidLifeCrisis007 Sun 17-Apr-16 11:55:38

It seems the Yeti is a car of choice amongst mumsnetters! We bit the bullet and bought one these week and, so far, are very impressed with it. The only problem I've encountered is that the boot isn't very good at restraining our young dog!

What do people use to keep their dogs in situ in their Yetis? - i.e. what cages fit (our existing cage is too big for a Yeti boot) or are bars the way to go? If bars are the answer, where do you get them fitted and can you get removable ones?

Palomb Sun 17-Apr-16 11:57:12

Mines got hooks on the floor you could attach a harness to? Congrats on the Yeti. I absolutely adore mine smile

MidLifeCrisis007 Sun 17-Apr-16 12:07:01

Thanks Palomb. I guess that's an option I hadn't thought of!

I really hated the idea of getting a Yeti as I adored my old XC90 but DH insisted despite my protestations. Inevitably I rather love it - it's a great drive.... but I'm far too proud to admit that to him!! (I can hear him saying "told you so" already....).

I've just googled my way onto this page and it looks like a possible option. Anyone else use one of these in a Yeti? www.roofbox.co.uk/dog-guards/

MidLifeCrisis007 Sat 30-Apr-16 21:55:36

Following up on this - I actually bought a Skoda specific dog guard from Guardsman. (see www.amazon.co.uk/GUARDSMAN-Guard-Skoda-2009--onwards/dp/B00J3RFUBA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462049451&sr=8-2&keywords=skoda+yeti+dog+guard)

Generic guards aren't really an option for a Yeti due to the positioning of the rear mid seat seat belt in the roof.

My dog now has acres of room in the boot and there are no irritating cage rattling noises either. The trouble is, I have to carry all my shopping on the rear seat now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now