How should I go about switching my car?

(5 Posts)
jude38 Mon 01-Feb-16 15:21:21

Hi,

We currently own a five seater car but need to upgrade to a 6+ seater due to our impending arrival. We're still paying finance on our current car, and don't know how to go about switching cars in order to avoid paying two lots of finance.

We still owe about half the loan on our current car and simply can't afford to buy without financing sad Any suggestions would be much appreciated! smile

Thanks,
Jude

AmyBecker Mon 01-Feb-16 16:23:53

Hi Jude,

I think there's always an option to cancel, but there will more than likely be a penalty charge for doing so before your agreement is complete.

Best thing to do is look back at your agreement you've signed and see how much it would be to cancel it.

As all agreements are different, no one could really tell you exactly what to do sorry sad

BeautifulLiar Mon 01-Feb-16 16:27:48

I think you can hand the car back once you've paid half - read up on your terms and conditions.

Alternatively just keep the car and see how you manage? That's what we were going to do (grande punto and 4th baby due in 5 weeks) but DH wrote it off! I have a 7 seater now.

jude38 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:22:25

Hi ladies,

Yeah I thought as much, I think we'll either end up taking a financial hit or packing the kids in- depending on the contract.

Thanks for the suggestions though I really appreciate you getting back to me smile

AmyBecker Wed 23-Mar-16 17:37:20

Good Luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now