Mercedes A class

(11 Posts)
topsecret123 Thu 28-Jan-16 22:44:24

Please talk to me if you have one of these in the new shape. Do you like it? Would you recommend it/

AmyBecker Fri 29-Jan-16 14:34:23

I like the A-Class, its a great looking car with a nice interior.

Diesel's probably the best way to go as they're cheaper to run and make the car a lot easier to drive I think.

Personally though I'd go for the Audi A3, the interior is just better to be honest.

Plus with the way the A-Class is shaped, you don't get a lot of room in the rear and the boot as you would get with the A3

Hope this helps!

balletgirlmum Fri 29-Jan-16 22:08:44

I went for a test drive in one a couple of weeks ago & loved it. If it was just for the school/work run I'd have bought it like a shot but I felt the boot was a lot smaller than I was used to for family holidays etc.

TannhauserGate Fri 29-Jan-16 22:10:38

I've driven the new body and the old one, and I much preferred the old one. I like the higher driving position tbh.

ThoughtfulPenny Fri 29-Jan-16 22:13:25

My OH has one, it's lovely to drive but a bit small for car seats and a pushchair so we couldn't have it as our main family car.

DragonsCanHop Fri 29-Jan-16 22:26:08

Brilliant car, nothing like the old shape, it's funky, modern, great iPad look display on the dashboard, technology in the car is ahead of its competitors, and safety is as expected from Mercedes Benz, can't fault it and the finance packages are so affordable, make sure if buying new you are buying the latest facelifted car, and comes with free servicing for 3 years

MiaowTheCat Mon 15-Feb-16 17:00:29

I think they ruined them - the old shape one I had was absolutely fantastic - loved the high driving position and it made life much easier to get in and out of than a "normal" car with my dodgy hip and inside it was like the bloody Tardis - I could fit more in that than in my husband's Zafira. My beloved one finally went to the great scrapheap in the sky last month aged about 16 years old or something completely bonkers.

New ones just look like every other car on the road.

TannhauserGate Tue 16-Feb-16 23:26:11

What do you have now, Miaow?

MiaowTheCat Wed 17-Feb-16 07:21:18

A Nissan Note - it's nice enough driving around town, less good on motorways than the Merc was though.

wannabestressfree Wed 17-Feb-16 07:26:45

It was my first car and had pop up booster seats in it. I loved it smile

TannhauserGate Wed 17-Feb-16 12:54:59

Thanks Miaow! I only really do city driving tbh, but my class was pretty nippy on the motorway.

pop-up booster seats sound fab! I've never seen those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now