Ford C-Max thoughts?

(10 Posts)
shiteforbrains Mon 25-Jan-16 16:33:08

Looking to replace dead car with something big-booted and reasonable.

Looking at several used C-Max on Saturday.

Any good or bad experiences with them?

I have a 9 month old and we plan to have another baby in a few years. Basically just want space for trikes/pushchairs/shopping.

AmyBecker Tue 26-Jan-16 16:15:22

They're generally a good drive, and it's good on space and not bad on running costs.

Boot space is okay, think the Citroen C4 Picasso is better though. It's great with what it offers for the price but if you're looking at mainly boot space, you're best going for the Picassoo.

We've previously had the car in for review and found it very spacious and the boot size is probably something that you would go for bit.ly/1SIdbTd

NapoleonsNose Tue 26-Jan-16 16:31:08

We have a C-Max and so far (fingers crossed) its been very reliable. Its a comfy ride and the boot is large. We need a large boot to cart DD's stuff to uni. I wish we'd gone for a diesel though as our 1.8 petrol is a bit thirsty when just doing short trips. Longer trips, and it averages around 43 miles a gallon.

shiteforbrains Tue 26-Jan-16 17:29:30

Thank you! smile I am test driving a 1.6 zetec and a 1.5 tdci on Saturday but I think DH is leaning towards the diesel. I drove a different petrol one last week and it felt like it needed another gear.

knaffedoff Tue 26-Jan-16 17:37:13

Proud owner of a petrol Xmas and love it although agree a 6th gear would be brilliant. We recently swapped our 2nd car a diesel, wouldn't buy another as no one could tell us how or why fumes were coming into the car despite visiting various garages, but the upshot was all the mechanics felt a diesel was really good for long distances but as we just pootled around town, a petrol would have been better!

shiteforbrains Tue 26-Jan-16 23:00:02

That is what I said to DH! I drive in to town from the village, that is pretty much it! Very rarely do I venture further and if I do I will put up with the slightly higher revs at higher speeds. Why do I need a diesel! In the end it will be my decision as it is my car that exploded on Christmas Eve that we are replacing and I will be the one driving it most of the time. I imagine there will be an argument though. We have already have numerous over the make and model because DH thinks that anything without a VW badge is a pile of shite so I will continue to fight my corner. ;)

SorrelForbes Tue 26-Jan-16 23:03:00

We're on our second one (both bought used) and love them. Cheap (ish) to run, a nice high driving position, loads of leg room and good boot space.

tabulahrasa Tue 26-Jan-16 23:08:30

I've got an 11 yr old one, diesel...I quite like it.

The boot isn't as big as I think it should be for the size of car...if that makes sense? But it's still pretty big. (I was actually looking for an estate, but it was a bargain, so I grabbed it).

It's ok to drive, can be a bit slow to pull away, but other than that it's ok.

Loads of room inside though, 5 tall adults can go in it no problem.

It's cheap to run, even with the age of it and fairly cheap for repairs...and it seems to be pretty indestructable, which is nice, lol.

I'd have another when it finally dies.

lovebeyondwords Tue 26-Jan-16 23:31:20

I have a c-max grand (7 seat model) diesel 1.6
Best car I've ever owned! Love it! X

shiteforbrains Tue 02-Feb-16 08:47:09

Thanks folks! I have gone for a C-Max Titanium 1.8 TDCI. I am collecting it on Thursday! So excited! smile I test drove it last night and fell in love wih it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now