Ideas for large car

(8 Posts)
lorisparkle Sun 24-Jan-16 22:07:05

We are looking for a 2nd car which if needed can carry me, DH and 3 DS. We only need one car seat now so all the three rear seats need to be comfortable to sit on. I have noticed many middle rear seats seem to be raised in the middle and fairly narrow but really want 3 proper seats. We have a galaxy as our main car and love the high driving position so that would be an advantage too. We also want something cheap to run and tax.

Quoteunquote Mon 25-Jan-16 14:25:57

I don't know, but you do win today's award for the funniest title and first line displayed.

Ideas for large car

We are looking for a 2nd car which if needed can carry me

OneMagnumisneverenough Mon 25-Jan-16 18:39:28

You'd be best going for something along the lines of a renault scenic or other type of car where the individual seats are removable- they tend to all be proper seats that way. I have an older style Nissan Note and it's not too bad for a bench seat car though I wouldn't call it large.

If you want a more saloon style then something like a Skoda Octavia (or estate version) these are usually used as taxis so are fine for 3 in the back - we have one but it's usually just the 4 of us. Only thing I don't like about normal cars v's MPVs is that you always have t have your feet to each side of the central bump in the back of a normal car but that may not affect you too much for a few years if DC are still youngish.

purplewhale Mon 25-Jan-16 18:40:37

I had a Nissan Qashqai which would do the job.

lorisparkle Mon 25-Jan-16 22:44:40

Thanks for the information - I had not thought about the central bump so will bear that in mind.

MrsWooster Mon 25-Jan-16 22:48:20

Renault grand scenic is lovely

Quietlygoingmad67 Mon 25-Jan-16 22:49:48

I have a VW Touran - has two boot seats and 3 real sized seats in the back. The boot seats are easy to put up and can be used individually. I have carried 7 adults inc driver grin

AmyBecker Tue 26-Jan-16 14:32:19

Yeah I'd agree the Nissan Qashqai is a good option, they're very comfortable to drive.

They aren't that expensive to buy considering what you get for the car, I know that bought new we've got the target price at £18,545.

We had the car in not long ago for a review and found it very affordable to run and definitely recommend as it sounds near enough exactly what you're looking for. bit.ly/1OMyZZZ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now