Air con or no air con? Is it worth the money?

(6 Posts)
notaprincessbutaqueen Wed 02-Sep-15 10:12:15

Ok so I have to get a new car as baby number 4 is on the way my car only had 4 seats (it's the second runaround car. Family days out we go in dh car).
My requirements are it must be small, cheap and be able to fit 3 car seats in the rear - 2 high back boosters and the various stages of baby seats.
I've been looking at the Dacia sanders, it seems to tick the boxes (aside from the tax cost! Would prefer £0 tax!). The ambiance model new is only £6795 and had everything I need except air con! To get the model with air con is an extre £1200 and I'm really wondering if it is worth that much money or would I be able to survive ok without it?
My car at the moment has air con and it is mainly used for demisting which it is amazing for! But 1.2k just to demist the car every now and then? So torn! Help??!

chairmeoh Wed 02-Sep-15 10:17:25

My air on broke on my last car. It was a pain, but not awful. The times I missed it most were on hot sunny days I took DD out or we were stuck in traffic in direct sunlight.
I'd be worried about how grumpy 4 children might get when it's sweltering, but this could be overcome by having electric windows that can only be operated from the front.
Personally, I'd get a 1/2 year old second hand car with air con.

LIZS Wed 02-Sep-15 10:18:36

Last car didn't and it was high on my list for this one. You would miss it.

ShelaghTurner Wed 02-Sep-15 10:34:40

Would never consider a car without air con. We have two cars and the air con on one is broken. I refuse to drive it in summer.

Fluffy40 Wed 02-Sep-15 10:34:57

I would pay the extra, I hate being hot in a car.

notaprincessbutaqueen Wed 02-Sep-15 10:45:40

that was all that i was worried about! cost justified! I'm going to look for the upgraded model second hand then.
thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now