VW Caravelle or another XC90

(4 Posts)
MissSmiley Mon 13-Jul-15 22:20:00

Had an XC90 for the my two cars but I changed it for a V70 now that the oldest child goes to senior school on the bus. I can fit the other 4 in the estate car that does 600 miles to the tank rather than 300.
Question is I still need a 7 seater for when we all travel together which is usually when we go away at weekends or for holidays.
Should I get another XC90 or a Caravelle. I've found both within budget with 12 plates and won't be adding much mileage as it's not main use car.

Any advice? Any Caravelle owners care to share their experience?

Motortrader Tue 14-Jul-15 22:42:51

I wouldn't touch a caravelle with someone else's barge pole. Here's one reason; www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/386

Another is that that they are vastly overrated and correspondingly overpriced. Stick with the Volvo.

penisland Wed 15-Jul-15 14:33:43

Caravelle is just overpriced shite. Get the XC90.

AmyBecker Thu 10-Sep-15 16:25:15

Volvo's are well known for being reliable. Although if it's space you want, the Caravelle might be your option.

The BMW X5 is also pretty good, offers great amount of space and it's cheap to run.

It basically all depends on what's important to you most. What are you looking for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now