Etyres.co.uk

(9 Posts)
SasBel Sun 03-May-15 10:55:10

Hi guys, anyone used etyres.co.uk? Seen the van around and as I need to replace 2 tyres I thought I might give them a try. Any opinions on their work would be appreciated.

Stinkylinky Tue 05-May-15 18:56:57

My Dad always uses them. I'm going to use them when my new car needs new tyres. They were quoting about £75 cheaper than local garages for the same premium tyres

penisland Tue 05-May-15 18:58:39

tyreleader.co.uk and oponeo.co.uk are both pretty cheap but you have to arrange fitting yourself, usually about £10 per tyre.

MrsBertMacklin Tue 05-May-15 19:01:46

Yes, I've used them a few times and will use again.

Reasonable prices and on one occasion, they downsold me, telling me I didn't need to pay for the brand name I'd chosen online and that 'X' tyre was better.

They also pumped air into my other tyres and cleaned my hubcaps down as part of the service star

SasBel Tue 05-May-15 20:31:33

Good to know, thanks very much smile

penisland Tue 05-May-15 21:38:35

Yes, I've used them a few times and will use again.

Reasonable prices and on one occasion, they downsold me, telling me I didn't need to pay for the brand name I'd chosen online and that 'X' tyre was better

I suspect what they meant was that they had more profit in 'X' tyre. Tyres are one area where you really do get what you pay for. Buy the best tyres you can afford, there's only a very small amount of rubber keeping you on the road.

penisland Tue 05-May-15 21:46:03

Didn't realise etyres were so overpriced! A set of 4 tyres they sell for £420 would cost £340 using tyreleader including having them fitted.

MrsBertMacklin Tue 05-May-15 22:49:42

Gosh, thanks for that, I had no idea that buying good tyres was so important! hmm

I did double check the reputation of the alternative they sold me, I'm not completely stupid, but thanks for mansplaining.

penisland Wed 06-May-15 06:56:24

Well you'd be amazed at the number of folk regardless of sex who think all tyres are the same! What brand did you order originally and what did you buy in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now