Kia Cee'd?

(6 Posts)
PurpleLilacs Thu 16-Apr-15 06:51:04

Am looking to replace my very old VW 1.4 Polo tdi and spending way too much time on autotrader.

Kia Cee'd came up on my searches last night and they seem really good value. Does anyone have one and could share their experiences. I'd be looking at buying one that's a couple of years old and a 1.6 version. Undecided whether petrol or diesel.

There seem to be a lot of different engine configurations around with differing performance. So any advice on what they're really like to drive would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mummyofonesofar Thu 16-Apr-15 09:32:16

I would also be interested in opinions. I have bought a 07 plate Kia Cee'd 1.6L petrol that I haven't started using yet.

Charlieboo30 Thu 16-Apr-15 20:18:06

My aunt and uncle have just bought a new Kia Ceed. It's really lovely to go in and comfortable. His is quite high spec so got lots of toys. He says it's nice to drive and seems happy enough with it. Only criticism he has is fuel economy isn't great. Theirs is a 1.6 eco dynamics petrol version x

richthegreatcornholio Mon 27-Apr-15 20:55:21

How many miles do you do and what kind of driving (town/motorway)? That will determine whether you should get petrol or diesel.

Mummyofonesofar Wed 29-Apr-15 13:29:13

I have started using my 1.6L Kia Cee'd SR - petrol and I love it ! It is very safe feeling and feels bigger than it is - great car to drive - if I could just get used to the softness you have to use on the pedals so I stop revving like a teenage boy!!!

PurpleLilacs Fri 01-May-15 10:08:09

Sorry didn't see the other replies. Thank you

I went at test drove one a couple of weekends ago and really liked it. Was a 62 plate diesel 1.6 crdi 3. That one sold before we made up our minds but have found another one and am picking it up this afternoon.

Will be using it for work too and do quite a bit of motorway driving so opted for a diesel in the end.

Can't wait to have a lovely new car to drive - well new to me and much newer than my old one - even just the thought of having remote central locking is exciting let alone the air conditioning and all other things it has!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now