Kia c'eed.- any experience? Would you recommend

(15 Posts)
Albertatata Fri 29-Aug-14 14:19:37

I'm really not great on cars as I have lived in London and on public transport for a decade. Since child number two has come along though i have taken the bull by the horns, done refresher lessons and I'm on the road and desperately seeking a good , economical and more spacious family car.

We are currently in a three door ford Ka - so anything will be more spacious!

Money is a bit tight so we can't go wild but I really like the look of a kia c'eed and I just wondered if the wise mumsnetters had an opinion.

We have two sons 3 & 1 yr, it will mainly be used around London but will be the odd weekend motorway driving. I would like to fit pram and shopping in the boot (remember we have a Ka so we are used to a very small boot!) husband wants an estate but I'm less keen - are the c'eed boots big?

Are you happy with your C'eed? Any other recommendations?

sassytheFIRST Fri 29-Aug-14 14:28:56

As am English teacher and certified pedant, I simply couldn't bring myself to drive a c'eed with that ridiculous fake apostrophe!grin

However, I LOVE my Kia rio - it is reliable, economical, pretty comfortable for 4 people and can carry 5. Boot copes well with a week's worth of shopping and is certainly way bigger than a Ka.

Groovee Fri 29-Aug-14 14:30:03

We looked long and hard at the Cee'd before we bought the Venga. The only reason being it was too low for my mobility issues and the venga was higher up.

Quite a number of friends have gone for the Cee'd and do really like it. I really liked it but no use having a car you can't get out of x

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 29-Aug-14 14:36:52

We love our Ce'ed and hate the apostrophe. We've driven all over Europe in it, several times. It's a great workhorse of a car - big enough for tents, DCs and all our paraphanalia, comfy, really cheap to run, and has hardly had a thing wrong with it in the several years we've had it, and it has a huge mileage. Ours is a Ce'ed estate though, and we use a top box too on hol.

17leftfeet Fri 29-Aug-14 14:42:02

I've got a cee'd -2nd one I've owned where does the apostrophe actually go?

Currently in my boot is a camping chair, 2 sleeping bags, a camping mat, 2 tins of paint, a 5ltr bottle of screen wash, a first aid kit, a coat, cricket set, cake tin and a tow rope (don't ask)

Yesterday I got my weekly shop in there as well as all the other stuff

I recommend them to everyone

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 29-Aug-14 14:43:29

Weren't Cee'ds Top Gear's best "reasonably priced car" a while ago?

rightguard Fri 29-Aug-14 14:48:11

I have a 5 year old ceed which I've had since new. I love it. £30 tax, 60mpg, reliable, comfortable, nice to drive and came with a 7 year warranty, which we've used once. (Back door suddenly wouldn't open fully, they fixed it within 2 days and gave me a courtesy car while they did it).

Very sad that I need to sell it now as getting company car.

Albertatata Fri 29-Aug-14 14:50:07

Sorry I think the apostrophe is actually cee'd! Thanks for all the responses.

DH wants the estate version but I'm less keen, purely because I'm a new driver and an estate just looks so huge in comparison to my tiny Ka! not sure if l will regret not going for an estate though:

Do you think the none estate version (is that a hatchback?) would have enough room for a pram (bugaboo bee) and a suitcase in the back? We would only be using it for family trips away so pram and a couple of suitcases, & maybe a tent?

Will go to the kia garage tomorrow to have a proper look I think - I hadn't consider the rio or venga - are they smaller?

17leftfeet Fri 29-Aug-14 15:53:26

Rio is smaller, not sure about the other

I'm not sure how big your pram is but I take mine camping and on self catering holidays -me and 2 teens

Knottyknitter Fri 29-Aug-14 15:57:58

I like my ceed.

I did like the rio too, a bit big for me but it was the estate version, I think the standard is shorter.

The picanto is too little, and lacks boot space (mum has one)

WMittens Fri 29-Aug-14 16:12:33

Middleagedmotheroftwo

Weren't Cee'ds Top Gear's best "reasonably priced car" a while ago?

It wasn't "the best", it was just what they used to rag around the track.

sassytheFIRST Fri 29-Aug-14 19:34:13

Rio is smaller, about corsa sized, c'eed is prob focus sized.

Groovee Fri 29-Aug-14 20:08:54

The Venga's boot is reasonable as it has a removable shelf. I had a picasso before and it's a lot shorter but nifty. Kids who are 11 and 14 have plenty room in the back and it's comfy to drive. The only reason we didn't go for the Cee'd was the height issue. Otherwise it was what I was looking at!

ramrod757 Thu 04-Sep-14 21:11:51

rightguard I'm glad you've had that experience - this is exactly the reason I've recommended people buy Kias.

Floralnomad Thu 04-Sep-14 21:15:05

My sister has a Rio ,its much bigger than a corsa . We have a kia soul ,its lovely to drive but the boot space would definitely not work with prams . I would absolutely have another Kia ( we have mainly had fords before ) .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now