Calling fiesta owners

(12 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Tue 19-Aug-14 21:31:14

I'm still learning so prepared to be told it's just me but does anyone else notice that even when your sure it's in gear, it isn't. It's one of the newer ones not the old style and I've only driven it a few times but I'm not sure if it's me or whether there could actually be a problem with it.

I don't find gears a problem, rarely miss them. So is it me or do other people find this with theirs?

Tia

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 19-Aug-14 21:50:44

?

tabulahrasa Tue 19-Aug-14 21:52:10

I used to get it with reverse, not really the other gears though...it also happened to the salesman in the test model before I bought it.

TheWorldAccordingToJC Tue 19-Aug-14 21:52:33

We have two 62 plate fiestas and don't have this issue

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 19-Aug-14 21:53:28

Yes it happened in reverse twice today.

So it's not just me then?

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 19-Aug-14 22:00:00

What yr/model was thar*tabulah*?

tabulahrasa Tue 19-Aug-14 22:06:01

57 plate, the body shape before the current one.

I had it from new, it always did it and nothing went wrong in the 7 years I had it (sold it a few months ago) I found I adjusted to it, being firmer helped and I got used to how it felt when it hadn't quite gone in so I could do it again before trying to move... Occasionally I had to let it roll an inch before it would go in properly.

Obviously if you're worried get a mechanic to have a look, but, mine never found anything - just looked at me funny, lol.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 19-Aug-14 22:08:27

That's pretty comforting tbh,so I need to just be a biy firmer?

Stokes Tue 19-Aug-14 22:11:07

I have an 07 fiesta and it happens in reverse. Hasn't happened in any other gears.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 19-Aug-14 22:14:20

It happened in first before but is mainly reverse

WMittens Wed 20-Aug-14 18:44:18

Is the clutch properly adjusted? If it's dragging it could make gear changes more difficult. I can't find definitive info, but I believe reverse gear doesn't have a synchro ring, which could contribute to the problem; I thought that may be the same for first gear, but it appears that does.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 20-Aug-14 18:55:50

I'm just relieved to find it's not me being stupid.

I'm doing really well yet can't get to grips with my practice car the more lessons I have the worse I get with that car over the instructors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now