Renault scenic help needed - confused with various models!

(66 Posts)
Olaffles Wed 28-May-14 20:38:38

Really fancy a renault scenic, but confused as I've seen a megane scenic, dynamique scenic, grand scenic etc etc. Help! I'm looking for the 5 seater version that isn't massive!!

neiljames77 Fri 30-May-14 18:08:58

Get a Zafira. Cheap insurance (unless it's the vxr) cheap repairs, reliable, loads of dealers and not too big.

Raskova Fri 30-May-14 20:15:56

Ha! Ok, I have no idea how many anythings go into a mile...

I wouldn't go Vauxhall solely because the ones I've had as courtesy cars have cost me an arm and leg in fuel. Both petrol. 1 x 1.4 corsa and 1 x 1.6 meriva. Both had next to no power

Olaffles Fri 30-May-14 22:12:45

I feel a Zafira is too big really for everyday driving. Interesting the Meriva being a petrol guzzler as I looked at that too. Seems I have dire taste I'm cars!

So, serious contender is the Seat Altea. Not too big but spacious boot, not bad mpg, tax around £110. Quite a few extras thrown in. Now someone will tell me they're rubbish too!!

Raskova Fri 30-May-14 22:17:58

I simply will not gringringrin

Buy it!!!!!!

Olaffles Fri 30-May-14 22:28:23

Woo hoo!! Am I onto a winner???!!! grin grin

Olaffles Fri 30-May-14 22:32:25

Seriously excited now raskova I'll be test driving one tomorrow! Hopefully report back!!

Raskova Fri 30-May-14 22:43:41

I believe you're on to a big winner!!! Please do report. grin

What do you drive now? If nothing similar, just make sure you're ready for the transition to a mummy car. I'm 26 and wasn't... Hence the early midlife crisis BMW

Olaffles Fri 30-May-14 23:04:58

Well you can take the credit if I get it, you planted the seed!!
Thank you flowers

I have a really grannyish car at the moment - wait for it - a Yaris. Was a gift when I had no cash so much appreciated, but no boot space and now I have 2 DC's in car sets it's impractical to say the least. I shall embrace Mum car status and practicality (whilst in my head I'll be driving a sporty little Mazda) No doubt parking will take some practice, I'll feel like I'm in a tank!!

Raskova Fri 30-May-14 23:19:03

If you like Toyota, they do a corolla verso. Very practical. Nothing on seat. Yaris's are cute smile

You'll get used to it quickly. I was shocked at the size difference because it first look like much from the outside but mine dust have good power steering.

Raskova Fri 30-May-14 23:19:26

I'm probably as excited as you are blush

twainiac Fri 30-May-14 23:26:37

I'll vouch for the Altea - had 2, the first was written off (not our fault) at 2 years old - built like a tank and OH walked safely away from a head on collision. We replaced it with a slightly older one and kept it until it was 6 years old. I love love loved it!
Only changed it cos my parents were selling their car which seemed like a good buy, have regretted it ever since.......

juneybean Fri 30-May-14 23:43:05

Ack this thread is panicking me, I just bought a Renault Scenic 10 plate in February! Really hope it doesn't fail on me!

Raskova Sat 31-May-14 00:00:39

I heard new are ok juney but sell before it gets to any kind of age... hmm

Oodlives Sat 31-May-14 06:33:22

shock at dissing the yaris! I love mine and there's quite a fan club on here.

Olaffles Sat 31-May-14 06:55:44

Sorry Oodlives, it has been a great car actually it's just we have outgrown it considerably!

juneybean Sat 31-May-14 11:06:46

tbh I miss my citroen xsara 03 plate, haven't quite fell in love with the scenic yet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now