what 7 seater to go for

(14 Posts)
lukeplank Sat 08-Mar-14 21:32:25

Hi all hoping you can help. My partner and I have just found out we are expecting twins and I am on a car hunt. We are going to have to buy a 7 seater but we are going to have to get 2 baby seats 1 car seat (for our 2 year old) and a booster seat so a little concerned about space so just looking for suggestions.
Thanks you

onedev Sat 08-Mar-14 21:35:57

Ford S Max is fantastic - couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Parliamo Sat 08-Mar-14 21:38:15

My friend loves her Alhambra. I would have gone for the smax. Our budget meant that we have a touran.

Parliamo Sat 08-Mar-14 21:38:51

Congrats and good luck with the twins! Three is fun!

RandomMess Sat 08-Mar-14 21:40:15

What is your budget?

Sliding doors a huge advantage!

We love our VW Sharan, very spacious, sliding doors, drives really well for a long car, easy to park and great for everyday life with a family. Proper 7 seater with airbags right down to the back of the car. Check out you tube for reviews...

jammiecat Sat 08-Mar-14 21:41:14

We've just bought a Citroen Grande Picasso as we're also expecting twins and already have a 3 year old. We also considered the Ford but the Citroen was cheaper so we got more for our budget.

BagOfBags Sat 08-Mar-14 21:42:43

Was just about to say s- max. I don't have a lot of experience with any other 7 seater but we've been happy with it. You can fit 3 seats in the middle row. The only thing I would say is that you have all the seats out you don't have a huge amount of boot space, enough for a buggy & couple of bags. We have a roof box that we use for holidays or big trips out.

Should also have said said back seats can be folded neatly into floor, in seconds, one handed...I have done it loads! Very flexible and the back two seats will take adults too, generous seats.

MisForMumNotMaid Sat 08-Mar-14 21:52:14

Budget is a big factor. We have a Vauxhall Zafira. Its the basic end of 7 seaters but the cheap end too. We have 6 seats up, one down to give us decent boot space. I can fit the pushchair and a big shop.

Its not a massive car so you can fit in a standard space. The one we have doesn't have too many fancy bells and whistles but on the positive side thats less to go wrong. It was just over £10k new with a lifetime/ 100k miles first owner warranty.

If the budget had been greater I would have liked sliding doors and in car DVD, slightly plusher interior and a bit more oomph. I found the new car jump in price to get the next notch up of car almost doubled the cost. My wish list probably would have trebled it. The warranty was very important to me as I want this car to last a decade.

HootHootTootToot Sat 08-Mar-14 22:35:31

Don't laugh grin but have you considered a citreon belingo multispace - they are cheap as chips and very practical. If you take out one of the middle row seats then you have lots of space for getting the kids in and out the car. It's like a little lobby grin. They have great visibility, are easy to park and are comfy to drive. If you take the rear seats out you have acres of space.

Its a bit noisy on the motorway and there is a lack of fancy extras.

It's an ugly car with a silly name but it's still worth a look.

HootHootTootToot Sat 08-Mar-14 22:36:11

The belingo has sliding door.

HercShipwright Thu 08-May-14 13:42:19

I know this is an old thread - but, MisFor Mum - you say your new Zafira cost just over £10k but a quick look on the vauxhall website indicates the entry level model is about £19K??

Pimpf Fri 16-May-14 18:59:01

Depending where you are herc, you can get a pre 14 reg for about £11k. I'm looking a penfolds I. Se London at the moment and it is indeed lifetime warranty (100,000 miles) new car.

I'm torn between that and something bigger like a galaxy.

Obviously, galaxy would have to be used and older but you can get a higher spec, but then there's no warranty.

Not sure what to do. Dh likes the zafira, I like the galaxy!

Hoping to get out and test drive this weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now