Qashqai or usual mid-sized hatch

(3 Posts)
EssexGirlLottie Thu 06-Mar-14 17:19:40

So DS1 is on the way. We already have a Golf plus a banger. DH and i work in the same place so tend to use just the Golf.

Now with DS1 on the way, i'm thinking we'll need 2 cars more often. I've heard people talk about how much easier it is to get a child seat in a 4x4/SUV/MPV type care compared to a normal hatchback. I suffer from a bad back every now and then and don't relish the thought of bending over to put a car seat in a lower car.

Is this really true or am i trying to justify buying a bigger car. We're thinking of probably going for a Qashqai but DH says we'll get more for our money with a hatch.

Thanks

Bartman Fri 07-Mar-14 09:39:19

Can't say much about your back but a Quashqai is certainly a good choice. Decent ride quality, quite a pleasant place to be and well made. Look out for one with a panoramic roof - makes the interior nice and airy.

OddFodd Fri 07-Mar-14 09:46:17

I love my qashqai. It's so bloody easy to get things in and out because the boot is at waist height rather than down low and there's hardly any lip. I'd imagine it's much easier to get kids in and out too (mine is old enough to do that himself). The doors are also massive meaning that it's easy to get car seats in and out. And with the back seats folded down (takes seconds), you can get enormous amounts of stuff in it. It's a very useful multipurpose vehicle

Agree with Bartman that the panoramic roof is a must.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now