What is the Kia Sportage like?

(9 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Wed 26-Feb-14 15:18:31

I've currently got a Citroen C4 Picasso and when my contract is due to end, I quite like the look of the Kia Sportage.

Is it any good? What is good? What isn't good? Boot room? Inside space? What's the drive like? Does it have the techy stuff that I like on my Citroen, such as being able to operate everything from the drivers seat?

And, does anyone know what typical monthly repayments are on a 3yr contract?

This and any other info is most welcome, tia smile

MolotovCocktail Fri 28-Feb-14 13:40:06

Bump(er)

grin

mbcar Sat 01-Mar-14 15:20:44

Hi Tia

The Sportage looks good but some rivals are much better. The price is good and the 7-yr warranty is great but it doesn't drive very well and the boot isn't very big. You also don't have the same techy stuff as on your C4 Picasso.

Have you looked at the Mazda CX-5? I drove one recently and was really impressed. Plus you can get it for £280 a month from Mazda.

Mb

WMittens Sat 01-Mar-14 17:24:25

but it doesn't drive very well

I was going to post something about this: exactly how well does it need to drive, and exactly how is it different from its direct competitors? These are automotive white goods, competent but numb and dull to drive; over-servo'd, over-assisted with little feel through the controls or the seat.

These things aren't B road blasters, they're not going to be taken to the 'Ring or Stelvio Pass or the Transfagarasan Highway. It goes, it steers, it bores you to tears. If you need good handling and 4 seats, get an E46 M3.

If you need good handling and 7 seats, get a Ssangyong Rhodius grin

WMittens Sat 01-Mar-14 17:25:28

Just so you know, TIA tends to stand for 'thanks in advance'.

Piscivorus Sat 01-Mar-14 17:26:23

I am a bit out of date on cars but I swopped my Picasso some years ago for a Rav4 and have been really pleased with it

IrnBruTheNoo Sat 01-Mar-14 17:40:41

If it's anything like the Kia Carens, it will be a good car to own!

MolotovCocktail Sun 02-Mar-14 19:03:29

Thanks everyone for your extremely helpful comments smile

I've been doing some geeking out on What Car? website and actually really like the look and sound of the Mazda CX 5. Also, the new Nissan Qashqai looked pretty good, too.

For me, what I've since read about the Sportage is that it looks the part, but falls down in many areas.

Thanks again all. I'll aim to test drive thr Mazda and Nissan in due course and sort out my finance options smile

fourlegstwolegs Thu 06-Mar-14 13:24:55

WMittens we are cut from the same cloth. Want to come on a road trip to the Stelvio pass? Or the A272. It's a bit nearer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now