ERF seats for those of you with X5s or Discos...

(5 Posts)
fourlegstwolegs Tue 18-Feb-14 19:36:06

I have a huge ERF seat (Besafe Izi Combi) in an Audi Allroad. I'm going for a 4x4 with more headroom so it's easier to get LO in and out.
Does anyone on here have an ERF seat in either a Disco or an X5? How's the leg room for the front passenger?
Before anyone asks, yes it has to be 4x4 as I live on a muddy farm, tow stuff, and I want 7 seats and a split tailgate so that rules out quite a few cars. Hence the very short short-list.

CMOTDibbler Tue 18-Feb-14 19:43:35

I don't have an ERF seat, but I do have a Disco. Would it help if I measured the distance from the back of the second row seat to the passenger seat at either end of its travel?

I can't imagine it would be an issue though as I have the passenger seat right back and don't need to move it for 6ft+ passengers in the back. We've had the Disco full of 7 6 ft plus blokes on occasion and there were no complaints from any of them

fourlegstwolegs Tue 18-Feb-14 19:50:44

CMOT that' very kind - I do have the dimensions of the inside of a Disco (but can't find the same for the X5). To accommodate the seat the passenger seat has to be ridiculously far forwards. I don't have a huge amount of room in the Allroad if I'm a passenger...

I'm intrigued about your ferrying giant men around though!?

CMOTDibbler Tue 18-Feb-14 19:59:54

Its just that dh, his brothers and nephews (and dhs friends for some reason) are all tall, and as we have the disco its car of choice for mass outings.
Normally its just full of horse stuff, dog, and currently 2.3 tonne of mud (or thats how it feel)

fourlegstwolegs Thu 06-Mar-14 13:35:37

Update - the Discovery has the WORST leg room of all the 4x4s with an ERF seat fitted in the back. I was very upset as I thought I was on to a winner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now