Weird / Dodgy Fee at Quicks Dealers?

(7 Posts)
JaunitaFanjo Tue 11-Feb-14 20:10:09

Help - been looking at a used car at the Dealer Quicks and they mentioned an "optional" £100 fee to do HPI checks, indemnity against loss (from HPI fail I think) and some other stuff. But when I questioned them they wouldn't give me anything in writing saying what this covered. They made me go and stand on tiptoes next to a HUGE 4x4 with a sticker at the top of the windscreen. When I said I couldn't read it did they have a copy anywhere readable they said no. Nowhere in this VAST building with free coffee and child cinema and comfy chairs and flash desk etc etc did they have written down what this fee included. Nor would they print off for me or give me anything formal saying what it covered.

Dodgy? Anyone paid for this? I know I can get a HPI check from the web for £20 so what are they playing at?

Anyone bought from Quicks at all?

sherbetpips Tue 11-Feb-14 21:23:52

Stay away from quicks especially if it is the northwest one.

JaunitaFanjo Tue 11-Feb-14 21:34:20

Why though?

JaunitaFanjo Tue 11-Feb-14 21:34:52

Because it is a NW one (South Manchester)

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Tue 11-Feb-14 21:37:04

Have you tried googling them

JaunitaFanjo Tue 11-Feb-14 21:52:16

Yes - and found nothing so asked here... PM me please??

WMittens Tue 11-Feb-14 22:18:54

It's just a con to try and fleece more money out of customers. Never mind �20 online, they probably buy them in at the equivalent of a couple of quid a time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now