Where is the horn on my Golf?!

(12 Posts)
mytimewillcome Sun 09-Feb-14 20:29:40

I bought a 2007 Golf but it doesn't have a user manual. I've worked out most things but where is the horn?! Sorry if I'm being dim. I've tried on the steering wheel but can't seem to see it!

Thanks.

MikeLitoris Sun 09-Feb-14 20:31:29

End of the indicator stick?

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Feb-14 20:31:41

Is it on the end of one of the indicator stalks? I gave driven VAG cars for years and the horn has always been on the middle of the steering wheel.

theplanets Sun 09-Feb-14 20:33:39

With Bikerunski here - try on the steering wheel. Did you push hard enough? Push on different parts of it.

Hassled Sun 09-Feb-14 20:35:17

Can you find the manual here?

piratecat Sun 09-Feb-14 20:37:31

try youtube, they have all sorts of stuff on there.

3storeylovesong Sun 09-Feb-14 20:41:26

It's under the badge on the steering wheel on my 57 plate Leon, but you have to press just the right bit fairly hard. Usually find it just after the numpty I wanted to use it for has driven off!

On our Polo you had to lean quite hard on the steering wheel sort of just to the bottom of the middle, if that makes sense.

Mouldypineapple Sun 09-Feb-14 20:46:25

On my Golf (52 plate) it's in the middle of the steering wheel.
But where is the fog light??

mytimewillcome Sun 09-Feb-14 20:47:30

It doesn't seem to be on the indicator stalks but I've just seen some movement on the middle of the steering wheel so I'll try it in the morning. It was obvious in my fiesta but really isn't in this. Took me ages trying to find the button for the petrol cap!

I was hopeful about those manuals Hassled but I think it's selling literature rather than a user manual. My vw dealer quoted £50 for one!

mytimewillcome Sun 09-Feb-14 20:49:08

Thanks for your help everyone.

3storeylovesong Mon 10-Feb-14 09:34:58

mouldypineapple are your lights on a dial on the right hand side of your steering wheel? Try pulling the whole dial towards you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now