ford fiesta or seat ibiza???

(36 Posts)
milkysmum Thu 16-Jan-14 21:25:07

Looking at leasing a new car through work. We are a family of 4. 2dc's one age 5 years the other age 2 years. I am looking to get something small (ish) but with enough room to not have us all to cramped- would like a good size boot, cheap to fuel etc.. have been drawn towards the fiesta and the ibiza but wondered what people thought? Have you any expereince of driving these or anyone got any other suggestions that would be most welcome- thanks.

Amateurish Sat 18-Jan-14 19:57:29

Yes, very efficient. You should get 60mpg.

Mehrida Sat 18-Jan-14 20:49:39

A 1.6 Ibiza will go like a rocket.

<Wistful>

FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy Sun 19-Jan-14 14:10:10

I'm struggling to choose between a Fiesta and a Polo! (Not considered Ibiza)

You are making life difficult adding a third car in to the choice!

On the Fiesta have a look at the ecoboost petrol engines. They are new technology and are only a 1.0 engine but with power of a larger engine. So I'm comparing the 1.0 ecoboost 100 on the Fiesta with the 1.4 Polo for about the same power.

If you are going for Diesel engine check if it has a particle filter. If so you need to do mostly long journeys so it gets cleared. Predominantly short trips will bugger it up and land you (or your employers car lessor depending on how your scheme works) with a big bill. Diesels are more expensive to buy and service, but that may not be an issue for your car lease set up.

WildThong Sun 19-Jan-14 14:21:43

I recently bought an Ibiza (FR). I also test drove the Fiesta as a direct comparison. The Fiesta drove well but I felt the interior was a bit flimsier and cramped. In saying that, I can also recommend the Seat Assist cover which comes with new cars, as the Ibiza developed a major fault after only a few weeks which meant the full turbo needed replaced. The Seat customer service was first class with a hire car delivered to my door the same day and the repair was carried out and my car returned to me within 10 days. Worth considering especially with young dc.

naughtybrenda Mon 24-Mar-14 14:11:01

I have an Ibiza and I am struggling to find a reasonably priced front facing carseat to fit it. I have been quoted £180plus from halfords today.

Does anyone know any brands that would fit?

PrincessOfChina Mon 24-Mar-14 14:13:42

*Naughty" We have a Britax seat - a Duo Plus which was <�100 (I can't remember exactly) and uses the Isofix.

naughtybrenda Mon 24-Mar-14 14:20:36

Excellent. Thanks! I will look into that.

bigdog888 Tue 25-Mar-14 08:14:54

A 1.6 Ibiza will go like a rocket

Are you joking? It's hideously slow!

WMittens Wed 26-Mar-14 07:53:42

I have in my head smaller engine cheaper to run?

Broadly speaking yes, but by no means a definite rule; it depends on layout, design and aspiration of engine.

WMittens Wed 26-Mar-14 07:55:29

On the Fiesta have a look at the ecoboost petrol engines. They are new technology and are only a 1.0 engine but with power of a larger engine.

They also do 1.6 Ecoboost (as well as 2.0, 2.5 and 3.7, but obviously not on a Fiesta).

matty96 Tue 10-Jun-14 17:36:01

Sat in both a Seat Ibiza and Ford Fiesta. They are both amazing cars, personally I would say the best super minis for fun. Ford Fiesta and Seat Ibiza both have quality issues in the interior, none feel as good build as a VW Polo. Both Ibiza and Fiesta have near enough same handling which is one of the best around in both cars. Be wary though some seats especially sport versions with bigger wheels will effect ride quality. Even though the seat some people say is cheapy I still feel that's wrong everything feels well built and sturdy. I actually found the front of the Ibiza more spacious than the Fiesta and I preferred it. Overall not much in it, even though the Ibiza doesn't have the best reliability it was out done in the driver power survey by the Fiesta. However the seat is a breath of fresh air, after all how many Fiestas do we see on the road? A load!! Ibiza is great cracking car and i would pick it over the Fiesta personally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now