Advice needed for used car purchase

(6 Posts)
mytimewillcome Fri 10-Jan-14 12:36:38

Hi,
I am looking to buy a used car. I have 2 dc (3 1/2 yrs and 21 months) and will use it for school run and supermarket mainly but with the normal trips out as well. I have a budget of a maximum of £6000 (but would obviously prefer to pay less) and need to get a manual, 5 door, petrol, hatchback with a largish boot (not essential). I have always loved Polos but it seems that for my budget I can only get around a 2007 reg and I would like to buy a car that is newer. Maybe 2010. Any suggestions as to what make I should look at?
Thanks.

Fuckalella Fri 10-Jan-14 13:50:29

I think that the age doesn't usually matter so much as the mileage and how it's been looked after. I'm a bit biased in that I prefer VW & Audi but I would go for an older one of those than a newer say Ford or similar, as I find the build quality totally different. I did have a Focus but it just didn't feel right. I've currently got a 2005 Golf and I love it! Plenty of room for 2 DCs, shopping etc., and really economical (2.0 TDi). Previously to that I had a slightly older Audi A3 (which I also loved but had to sell so we could pay for our holiday sad).

We had a Polo and loved it but switched to a Skoda estate when we needed more space and it was a LOT cheaper. Just as nice to drive too IMO.

whereisshe Fri 10-Jan-14 14:06:42

Ford Focus. Affordable, super reliable, cheap to maintain. Not the most exciting car in the world but I liked driving ours.

mustowwatson Thu 06-Feb-14 10:03:36

Hi,
Have you looked for online auctions to purchase used cars? Different auctions have different prices for a specific car, so try to compare the prices and find the car which suits in your budget.

mustowwatson Fri 07-Feb-14 13:16:18

Hi,
Try for searching the cars at Copart auctions online they have used cars at reasonable rates.I purchased my Lexus RRX 500 from Salvagereseller and they have cars available from the registered Copart brokers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now