Anyone out there driving an Audi TT?

(15 Posts)
biryani Sun 17-Nov-13 11:09:03

Thanks for the suggestions. betty that insurance is very cheap!

aka yes, have considered bmw too. I have a volvo atm, which is a great car, ancient with a great spec. I'm having trouble finding something that competes, on a smallish budget.

AKAK81 Sun 17-Nov-13 06:43:50

Yes I see your point. RX8s can be bargains but also potential time bombs though they are really nice IMHO. What about a BMW 330ci of a similar age or even a 320ci if fuel economy is important?

BettyandDon Sat 16-Nov-13 22:52:57

My insurance is about £300 I think that is pretty cheap. I'm quite petite so I think it's the right size.

I can fit 2 kids plus me in it but is very tight and only possible with both front seats in most forward position. I knew there would be a benefit of being 5'1 at some point in my life!

biryani Sat 16-Nov-13 22:14:20

aka this is my problem. I can't find a sporty car I like! I like roadsters but I need more than 2seats. The only other one that appeals just a bit is the Mazda RX8 but I didn't like the gearchange. There used to be loads of coupes but where are they all now? Sigh. So the TT is about the only one that appeals.

AKAK81 Sat 16-Nov-13 19:14:06

If you want something sporty look elsewhere. The TT is just a Golf in a frock. Pretty dull.

biryani Sat 16-Nov-13 09:02:17

That's great info. Thanks. Insurance should be quite cheap for me, and I don't mind being mistaken for a hairdresser. happy your mum is even older than me, so I'm reassured by that too.

What I really like about the TT though is that it looks quite contemporary and cute despite being an old design. Seems to have dated well compared to other cars.

HappyAsASandboy Fri 15-Nov-13 21:30:44

My mum has a TT and loves it smile

She carries a huge amount of stuff in the boot with the seats down, and has two TWE car seats (forward facing!) in the back for my children. They love going out in it.

Mum is 69 (shh, don't tell anyone!) and gets in and out fine smile

Me! I love mine grin I didn't have much to spend so went for a 51 plate. There are loads around but loads are very high mileage. I don't really think the age is an issue provided they have a full service history; they are very well built cars. Definitely make sure they've had a cam belt change as that can be very pricey.

I am 40 and not a hairdresser or in the midst of a midlife crisis grin

My insurance is under £400 pa and its old enough to not require main dealer servicing. Its not too thirsty- I've got the 1.8 225 bhp. I was tempted by the 3.2 until i looked at the fuel consumption!

The boot is more practical than i expected it to be and I can get a fair amount in there. If you go for the coupe rather than convertible there is a back seat. I say back seat in the loosest sense of the word- fine for kids but I wouldn't inflict it on an adult.

Have fun, you won't regret it!!

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 15-Nov-13 21:08:30

Are you a hairdresser? Be prepared to be asked that a lot if you buy a TT!

biryani Fri 15-Nov-13 21:06:15

Ooh..I'm getting excited now. An old one would be fine. I'm just worried a bit about room, insurance and how easy is it to get in and out of (creaky old knees...)

WMittens Fri 15-Nov-13 21:03:44

I'd say age has nothing to do with it. If you enjoy it, go for it.

BettyandDon Fri 15-Nov-13 19:30:37

I have 2 kids too.

BettyandDon Fri 15-Nov-13 19:26:57

I have 2 kids too.

BettyandDon Fri 15-Nov-13 19:26:20

Mine is 13 years old does that count?

biryani Fri 15-Nov-13 19:24:37

I'm fancying an Audi TT but don't know anyone who has one. I can't afford a new one. Am I mad? I always used to have sporty cars pre-dc but I am wondering if I'm a bit long in the tooth now. Any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now