Kia Sportage & Cee'd estate - Give me your opinion

(8 Posts)
K8eee Sun 10-Nov-13 17:19:54

Basically the above question. I'm pregnant with baby #1 and am looking at the Kia sportage or cee'd estate. Any advice & opinions greatly appreciated!

jaundicedoutlook Tue 12-Nov-13 23:12:15

Kias are horrible hateful things with rattling plastic and a really cheap feel. Smallish estate, go for a Skoda Octavia over the Ceed, or a used Golf estate. If you really need an SUV then a Qashqai is better, as is a Honda CRV (though the latter a bit pricey)...

Middleagedmotheroftwo Tue 12-Nov-13 23:18:58

Totally disagree jaundice. We have a Kia Ceed estate and love it. It's comfy, roomy, economical. We've driven to Prague in it, Rome in it, all over Europe and Ireland in fact in the last 4/5 years and it's never, ever let us down.

we have a Kia Ceed estate & also like it a lot smile - previously had a hatchback - it's a great car for the money and with the 7 year warranty, what's not to like?

we got ours at 18 months old (-ish), a bit under 15K miles & 0% finance on £7000 of the purchase price (actual price was c £11,500)

jaundicedoutlook, have you ever actually owned one? grin

PurpleGirly Tue 12-Nov-13 23:30:44

We have the sportage and I can honestly say it is the best car we have had - better than the BMW and Golf we had previously. No rattling plastic and certainly not a cheap feel. A friend has just swapped his skoda Octavia for the Sportage after being in ours.

K8eee Wed 13-Nov-13 10:58:24

Purple, we too had friends who have just got one on lease and loved its sporty look and when we heard how economical it was our faces were shock Kia have definitely upped the anti and have given there new cars a shake up. I loved the inside of the sportage and it's huge boot. As I'm due to have a baby I'm hoping to get a car that's fairly high so it's easier to get both them and their pushchair out of the car. I was also shown the Venga. Not the nicest look wise but again VERY roomy. I've always wanted I stay towards the Japanese/Korean car make. I just don't know how much longer my little 11 plate micra will last with being abused with a baby on board sad

jaundicedoutlook Thu 14-Nov-13 22:23:13

...we'll if you all say so, but we had a Ceed on holiday as a rental, and it felt like being back in 1995 (and not in a good way!)

We've had Toyota Auris & Peugeot 307 on rental in the last 12 months & found both very similar in all ways to both our Ceeds

In fact previous Ceed was a 58 plate, so 4-5 years older than the 2 hire cars, & still it was at least as good!

(I think it's psychological. Like the people who say EVERYTHING AT ALDI IS CHEAP & NASTY)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now