Ford Focus mystery

(6 Posts)
dovaffanculo Sat 02-Nov-13 18:40:52

I have been out and about this afternoon with no problems. I parked up at the shops and locked up as usual .
After going into one shop I went back to the car and popped an item into the car via the passenger door. I opened the car and locked it again using the fob -all as normal.
I then went into another shop for a few minutes and when I came out my car indicators were flashing. When I went up to the car I then saw that all of the windows were completely open. I tried holding the fob button down which would normally close all open windows but this didnt work. I got in and started the car with no problems. The indicators stopped and the windows closed easily using the internal switches.

Any ideas why this happened? Has it happened to you? I havent yet asked DH as he will assume its something Ive done to his beloved car hmmand I would like to be armed with info first.

WeAllHaveWings Sat 02-Nov-13 18:50:29

Happened twice with a ford Mondeo I had about 5 years ago. Came back and all the windows were open, same car park both times. Never found out why.

BookTart Sat 02-Nov-13 18:56:35

I worked for a Ford garage about 10 years ago, so this might be out of date, but there is some setting on the key fob that if you hold the button down for more than 3 seconds all the windows open. It is called global opening I think. I don't understand why all the indicators would go on though. If you call the service department at your local garage they should be able to tell you.

KippyVonKipperson Sat 02-Nov-13 18:57:36

Ford and their locking mechanisms are notoriously iffy. I've know lots of people have problems or been about to open other peoples fords with their keys.

My car (not a ford), if you hold down the unlock button on the fob all the windows open. It's happened when the fob was in bag once. Could your alarm have gone off cos the windows were open, you didn't hear it & it was left with just the lights flashing?

The window thing is very useful in the summer cos you can get a breeze through the car from a distance.

dovaffanculo Sat 02-Nov-13 19:42:19

Wow - thanks for the quick replies. I thought this would sit for a while grin

This car does have global opening and closing but you have to hold it for several seconds for it to start . But yes I could have caught the button as I walked away and maybe the alarm did go off but I didnt hear it.

I'll keep an eye on it just in case there is an ongoing problem . It seems Dh doesnt need to know just yet wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now