8 seater car

(20 Posts)
EvangelineGracelyn Sun 20-Oct-13 00:08:59

Expecting twins and already have twin 2 year olds, 11 month old & 2 month old. We'll be needing an 8 seater car soon, so any suggestions? It will need to fit a double pushchair in the boot & price isn't an issue.

Bunbaker Sun 20-Oct-13 00:38:54

2 x 2 year olds an 11 month old and a 2 month old, and you already know that you are carrying twins?

Is this a wind up?

EvangelineGracelyn Sun 20-Oct-13 00:43:44

Haha you'd think so! grin I get that reaction from everyone! Found out about the expecting twins the other day, really excited so I'm already planning everything smile

Bunbaker Sun 20-Oct-13 00:46:05

Wow, you must be shattered. Would it be too ridiculous to suggest a minibus?

Bunbaker Sun 20-Oct-13 00:47:07

I still don't understand if your youngest is only 2 months old that you know you can be pregnant, let alone know that they are twins.

EvangelineGracelyn Sun 20-Oct-13 00:59:45

I went to my GP when the test was positive and she sent me for a scan (because it hasn't been long since I gave birth) to make sure that something wasn't wrong, and they said that it's twins grin 2 months pregnant, so must've been conceived the week after I gave birth smile

I don't really like the idea of a minibus to be honest. The trouble with cars with 6 seats in the back though, is that there's never enough room for a pushchair in the boot & it's hard to get car seats in and out. I'm a bit stuck on ideas...

Bunbaker Sun 20-Oct-13 01:08:14

Sorry, if I seemed rude, but I am still a bit shock that you were in a position to conceive so soon after your last baby. When DD was a week old there was no way OH was going to get anywhere near me as I was still far too uncomfortable.

EvangelineGracelyn Sun 20-Oct-13 01:21:12

True, but we went with the 'if we don't do it now, we'll never want to' approach smile

WMittens Sun 20-Oct-13 11:05:30

I don't really like the idea of a minibus to be honest.

Well if you choose to keep reproducing, you're going to have to suck it up.

www.motormum.com/8-Seater-Cars.php

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

michaelh Tue 22-Oct-13 17:29:13

There are very few eight-seater cars on sale - only half a dozen or so. Most three-rows-of-seats cars seat only seven. My friend has a Toyota Previa (old model) which seats eight and she swears by it. Better than a minibus, though the VW Caravelles are OK to drive

Shosha1 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:43:21

Mazda Bongo, I had one as a Childminder, You can get 3 seats comfortably accross the back (you do have to have one that fos with a lap belt for the middle seat tho ( I had a britax one) or have a three point put in.

I could get a Side by side double and a single in the boot, or a Britax Bdual with second seat, and a single, or mt three seat buggy in it easily.

Plus loved that it had operated sunshades on the back seats, and plenty of room to put boxes with wellies and waterproofs under the seats.

Shosha1 Tue 22-Oct-13 17:46:42
fruitandnutnut Tue 22-Oct-13 19:11:55

I have Hyundai i800. Drives and feels like a car but with a boot big enough for any any double buggy. I don't collapse mine most of the time just pop it in.

zumo Thu 24-Oct-13 07:18:52

Another vote for the Bongo, remember it has a very small footprint for a van, so is easy to park.
I do like the Nissan Minibuses too and I feel you should hire a few and see how you go before blowing the budget
VW T5 is good too

3girlsunder3 Sun 17-Nov-13 11:54:03

Erm if this is genuine, then you'll be needing a minimum of a triple buggy, realistically a quad or 2 x doubles or combination thereof, given the ages if your current babies.....
You'd certainly be needing to fit a heck of a lot in the boot, realistically you need a minibus.
Was going to mention you can convert a Peugeot 807/Citroen c8 into an 8 seater by buying a rear bench seat, but the boot isn't big enough.

BellaVida Sun 17-Nov-13 11:58:07

We only needed a 7 seater but took a look at the Hyundai i800. It had loads of space.

Aquariusgirl86 Sun 17-Nov-13 12:05:44

6 children under 3 years?! Crickey!
Sorry no car advice though I think you do need a mini bus esp if you are going to carry on at that rate......Infact maybe a double decker........

NickNacks Sun 17-Nov-13 12:07:35

I have to post if only to see the deletion message.

NickNacks Sun 17-Nov-13 12:10:43

It is extremely rare to conceive less than 21 days after birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now