VW Tiguan vs. Honda CR-V

(6 Posts)
LongTailedTit Mon 30-Sep-13 19:41:59

Can anyone help with the above dilemma please?

We've had a 2003 Honda Jazz (1.2L) for 5 years which DH uses for work, so I'm on foot with DS during the week.
DC2 due in the Spring, and DH is finding the Jazz really hard and uncomfortable for his mostly long commutes (usually an hour each way).

The idea is that I take over the Jazz for local journeys with the DC, and he gets a much more comfortable and faster work car, which would then be a nicer family car for weekends and holidays.
He needs to transport a lot of tools for work, but has usually found the Tardis-like Jazz boot sufficient.

We discussed VW Passat, but he would prefer a 4x4 and the higher driving position (and higher boot for loading).
So, we have narrowed it down to the VW Tiguan or Honda CR-V. I come from a family of right skinflints with bangers so both are a leap for me, but I can see the sense in DHs reasoning.

Any experience or advice on either would be appreciated! thanks

BlackMogul Wed 02-Oct-13 19:06:28

For the reviews I have read, the Tiguan is better. The Honda is a bit dated mechanically. I have not owned either I'm afraid, but I think the VW would do it for me.

LongTailedTit Wed 02-Oct-13 20:33:00

Thank you! DH agrees.
He had a look at a CR-V today and found the rear view very restricted due to the styling.
He's def leaning towards the Tiguan.

mijas99 Thu 03-Oct-13 13:33:09

The CR-V has more room in the back seats and looks a bit more modern, especially with the 2013 restyling.

The Tiguan looks a bit dated and frumpy expecially inside. Both are likely to be reliable

AKAK81 Fri 04-Oct-13 10:01:54

CR-V is likely to be much more reliable - don't believe the VW hype. People would have you believe that VWs are some kind of premium product - they're not.

Yonididnaedaethat Fri 04-Oct-13 10:09:08

I'm on my 2nd CR-V, the 1st one I had I only had it for a year as it started playing up every morning by not starting.....had everything checked at the garage and no-one could find a fault! That was a 2004 one. I traded it in for a 2008 CR-V and this one has been perfect. It suits me perfect, size wise (3 DC's, 2 large dogs and another baby due November). I tried other cars but I think I'll always go for the Honda CR-V's now as I always felt squashed test driving others)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now