56 plate Mercedes A150 missing owner's handbook

(10 Posts)
Quenelle Wed 25-Sep-13 14:38:48

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a handbook for my new used car? There is one on ebay but it's £39. I can't afford that atm.

I specifically need to know the tyre pressures and extensive googling hasn't found anything.

TheFallenNinja Thu 26-Sep-13 05:17:09

There are online versions, not sure about the year though

goo.gl/XKQEF2

mineofuselessinformation Thu 26-Sep-13 07:03:37

Tyre pressures are often on a little plate which is only visible when the car door is open. Try both front doors.

WMittens Thu 26-Sep-13 08:39:48

What mineofuselessinformation (should that be mineofusefulinformation? wink) said.

If it's not on the door frame it will be somewhere else on the car, e.g. on mine it's under the arm rest/cubbyhole lid between the driver and passenger seats.

octanegirl Thu 26-Sep-13 09:17:19

If you call your local Mercedes dealer they will tell you the tyre pressure, even for an older car.

greymoose Thu 26-Sep-13 09:20:42

Try this http://www.kwik-fit.com/tyre-pressure-search.asp

Also on my Merc it's inside the petrol cap bit!

greymoose Thu 26-Sep-13 09:21:16

On phone sorry not sure how to link properly on it!

Quenelle Thu 26-Sep-13 11:30:14

Thanks everyone. I took the reference number off the tyre and looked it up on the Continental website. There's a table listing pressures by make/model of car.

It's such a nuisance not having the handbook. The Mercedes website only has an online copy for the latest model unfortunately. I think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the ebay one. I want to know how to work my stereo!

Poledra Thu 26-Sep-13 11:45:03

Have you asked Merc if they can send you the old copy? When we moved into our house, the built-in appliances had no instruction books. We emailed all the manufacturers, and everyone of them sent us copies of the instruction books. OK, in most cases, it was just pdf files or A4 print-offs, but that was fine. Might be worth a quick email to Mercedes...

Quenelle Thu 26-Sep-13 12:19:24

Good idea. Thanks Poledra. I've emailed customer services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now