Hyundai i10 stalling?

(8 Posts)

I've had mine for 2 years now and never experienced this problem. Though the car I was driving before was a really, really old Fiat Panda that could only do corners and bends in 2nd gear (always fun trying to get onto a motorway if it wasn't a dead straight slip road) so perhaps I'm naturally over-compensating on the clutch?

I adore mine though. It's the zippiest car I've ever driven and I can park it ANYWHERE!

OatcakeCravings Tue 24-Sep-13 15:11:46

I will do.

Just stalled 3 times coming out the drive! I'm lucky I made it to school pick up in time!!

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 24-Sep-13 15:07:24

Really interesting stuff - would be great if you'd all add your review of the car here in Mumsnet Cars as well.

OatcakeCravings Tue 24-Sep-13 13:08:41

Thanks! Wish I hadn't bought the bloody thing!!

mintgreenchilli Tue 24-Sep-13 12:48:24

You do have to learn some pretty good control of the gas pedal. Just enough to get you going on a slow start. It took me months before I stopped stalling completely, and even now I do it occasionally in a traffic jam!

OatcakeCravings Tue 24-Sep-13 12:37:41

Thanks Mintgreen, I know what you mean about over reving but when I do that I seem to shoot forward when I'm in first and I'm scared that I hit the car in front! I live in an area where there are loads of roundabouts on hills!

mintgreenchilli Tue 24-Sep-13 10:24:08

I have an i20 and the clutch is far more sensitive than I'm used to. You need to rev it a bit more when setting off - it's quite noisy but hoping the fuel efficiency overall makes up for it :\

OatcakeCravings Tue 24-Sep-13 10:21:01

Does anyone have a Hyuandai i10 and if you do, do you find that it stalls a lot when moving off?

I'm a brand new driver and my DH was blaming my driving style until he took it out and had the same problem! He has been driving for 20 years. I have it booked into the garage next week for them to look at it but need to drive it in the meantime.

I can find lots on the Internet about it being a problem but some people are saying that you need to drive it differently but I can't find out exactly what that means!

If anyone has any hints or tips or has managed this issue I'd be greatful to hear from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now