Expecting twins, have a toddler - need a car to fit us all.

(12 Posts)

We've got the Ford SMax and splashed out on a roof box too. It works, just, but bear in mind how much bloomin' space twin buggies take up because of not folding completely flat!!

BlackMogul Wed 02-Oct-13 19:20:33

I think you really need a car with a good boot or you will not get everything in. What will you do when you want suitcases as well? I really think a Discovery or X5 is best.

Three go across the back in our Ford Mondeo. Big boot as well. We go on self catering holidays with the pushchair as manage without a roof box. Pain in the arse though getting the seatbelts done up.

Good luck with your twins.

Practicalpam Fri 13-Sep-13 14:51:54

Not sure if you are looking at new or used (because they don't make it for the UK market anymore) but we have a Honda FRV. We love it! Three seats in the front and 3 in the back. It is quite wide, but crucially not very long (less than Ford Focus hatch I think). Seats fold down easily if you need them too. Lots of room in boot for buggies etc. I strongly recommend that you visit http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk REALLY EXPERT advice. Good Luck.

How about something like a Peugeot Partner as it's got stacks of boot space for pushchairs etc? I love mine!

NaturalBaby Fri 13-Sep-13 14:37:41

Touran. Once you move up into a high back booster it's a real squeeze to get your hand between the seats to do up/undo the seatbelt. My oldest can undo his seatbelt but started off undoing his brother's belt on the 9month+ seat next to him by accident and it was a nightmare to do back up again.

Although I would suggest you resign yourself now to a 7 seater wink. I had 3 under 3's and fought it for years, I am now in love with my Galaxy and wish we got it sooner, and ds1 sits in the boot so they can't kick/hit/grab/pull eachother (they were perfect siblings for a few years but have now had enough and spend all day rolling around like puppies, carrying on this behaviour in the car).

PrincessScrumpy Fri 13-Sep-13 14:31:30

Congrats on your twins btw - lots of fun ahead of you smile

PrincessScrumpy Fri 13-Sep-13 14:30:41

We have a vw touran (dd1 plus dtds). It's a 7 seater but can fit all 3 on back row so have large boot but also means dd1 can invite a friend on day trips, rarely put the seats up though.

TillySwat Fri 13-Sep-13 14:28:40

We can fit 3 carseats across the back of our xsara. Which I love as a family car, btw!

MrsSpencerReid Fri 13-Sep-13 14:27:39

I think a fiat multipla would work? My friend has just chosen that car for the 3 across the back reason!! Good luck grin

bundaberg Fri 13-Sep-13 14:27:23

we had 3 across the back in a renault scenic and a volvo v70

both also have large boots... the volvo bigger than the renault. easy to fit a double buggy in and a food shop!

the volvo was the nicest car i've had. really lovely to drive

CharChar1979 Fri 13-Sep-13 14:26:14

Hi. I am expecting twins early next year and have a one year old and am struggling to work out what car will fit the five of us (2 babies, 1 toddler and my husband and I). We don't really want a seven seater - would prefer to put the 3 of them across the back, but cannot for the life of us work out what car will do this and/or what car seats will be the best for this (2 rear facing babies and one forward facing toddler).
Any thoughts/suggestions greatly welcomed.
Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now