Anyone got a Hyundai Santa Fe 7 seater?

(6 Posts)
cakesonatrain Thu 29-Aug-13 21:58:49

We are probably going to buy one, but would love to hear from someone who's lived with one, on pros/cons.

runningincircles Fri 30-Aug-13 00:29:28

We got one in June, so have had time to get used to it after driving an old enormous Kia Sedona.
Pros - it is spacious enough without feeling like you are driving a bus. You can get 3 child seats across the middle row (just).
It feels nice to drive, smooth and quiet.
The media (sat nav, radio, Bluetooth for phone, iPod) are all good quality and easy to use.
The panoramic sunroof is great and my littlies still say wow, when I open it.

cons - I have 2 children in isofix seats and 1 on a booster. If I put my eldest in the back row of seats, it is tricky to get him in. He either has to go through the boot, or fold the arm rest down so he can go through the middle. The 2 car seats are on the folding part of the seat to get into the back.
If you have all the seats up the boot is tiny, I can just manage to get in a Maclaren single buggy, but none of my other pushchairs will fit unless I fold one seat down.

Not a pro or a con, the handbrake and ignition buttons takes a bit of getting used to.

I haven't got much experience of driving, because I was late in learning to drive, so have only been driving for 4 years. Hopefully, someone else can offer their opinion.

Book a test drive, take along your car seats and prams, if you need and have them. See what it is like.

cakesonatrain Fri 30-Aug-13 05:37:57

Thank you! We are off to see a used one on Saturday, and will have all our gear with us.

What's the rear visibility like? How is it to park?

cakesonatrain Fri 30-Aug-13 07:38:39

So is it awkward to get into the very back seats then, if you have child seats in the middle row?

runningincircles Fri 30-Aug-13 09:53:58

Rear visibility is good and parking is easy because of the sensors and cameras. Ours also has parking assist, so you can just push a button and it measures the space and parks itself.
Getting into the rear seats is a bit tricky for us because the isofix child seats are in the way. When my middle child is old enough for a booster seat it will be a lot easier, because it won't get in the way of the seat folding. I usually have 1 rear seat up and one down and dc1 gets in through the boot. He doesn't seem to mind.

cakesonatrain Fri 30-Aug-13 16:58:53

Oh great, thanks again.
Not sure I would trust park assist - probably better than my attempts though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now