which car? another 3 kids in the back thread, but with 2 rear facing

(4 Posts)
addictedtocaffeine Thu 15-Aug-13 11:16:58

Hello, I have 2 dc just now, one is in an infant seat, the other is rear facing in a be safe izi combi, both isofix. We are contemplating trying for a 3rd dc at some time in the next few months and I'm wondering what car we would need.
Essentially we would need space for a high back booster for dc1, dc2 would be rear facing in the be safe and new baby would be rear facing in infant seat.
So any suggestions? Thanks

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Fri 16-Aug-13 09:46:07

Hi, Addictedtocaffeine. Just wondering if you could explain what's different about your car needs with a rear-facing child seat, as opposed to with a regular, forward-facing seat?

addictedtocaffeine Fri 16-Aug-13 11:13:42

Hello, I just remember when we were looking at ERF car seats they didn't fit in all cars, probably due more to the position of the front seats rather than width across the rear seats, if that makes sense?!
I suppose I was just wondering if other people with a rear facing infant seat, with a group 1 ERF seat and a HBB in the back had any advice as to which car we would need. Our current car is a medium sized hatch back and I don't think there would be room for all 3 seats...
Thanks

We've just got a Ford S-Max, about to have DC3 in a couple of months. We currently have an ERF for DS (Britax 2 way elite) and HBB for DD. The new baby will go in a Maxi Cosi infant seat on an isofix base. Although we haven't actually tried all the car seats at once, I know they will all fit. We've had the HBB in the middle seat. I went to try a be-safe izi last week and I was amazed at how much space there was for it having tried to put the besafe in a hatch back a couple of months ago. It was at that point we realised we would need a bigger car bus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now