What car can you recommend

(15 Posts)
Pimpf Sun 18-Aug-13 22:17:43

Thanks!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 17-Aug-13 22:12:34

Volvo XC90? They have two extra seats in a massive boot which don't leave you short of boot space. You can pick them up second hand quite cheaply.

Pimpf Sat 17-Aug-13 22:03:27

Another one. To look at thanks

We have 3 DCs and a vw touran. Seven seater, but only if you need it, the extra two fold totally flat in the boot space and create a boot space that you could get a small orchestra into if you so wished!!

We love it, and if we change I the future, it'll only be for another touran. Ours is a 53 plate and has done 112k miles, but still drives like a new car.

Pimpf Sat 17-Aug-13 21:49:40

Ooooh. Looks interesting thanks

Weil Fri 16-Aug-13 13:33:20

How about the Ssanyong Gran Turismo- It is the new Ssangyong Rodius. Will be a hell of alot cheaper than the other cars and 7 seats WITH a boot.

Pimpf Wed 14-Aug-13 17:50:22

Dh was initially very skeptical re the 7 seats but agrees that they've been very useful. When his parents stay, my parents or other family members stay it means we can all go out. I need them when we have kids over after school.

Re roof box, we already have one and it gets filled! We're thinking of possibly touring for 3 weeks next year through France with our own tent, we definitely would need something bigger for that!

I will look at the car reviews and the cars mentioned - thanks

WMittens Wed 14-Aug-13 17:24:17

I still want 7 seats even though I only have 2 kids.

I'm all for getting what you want, but can you explain why you want an extra 3 seats? You're limiting the options available to you and potentially increasing running costs needlessly.

SoupDragon Wed 14-Aug-13 12:24:26

If it is big enough for day-to-day, I'd just get a roof box for extra storage. I can't imagine using something as big as, say, a Galaxy with only 2 children on a day-to-day basis.

It might be cheaper to keep your current car and occasionally hire something bigger, when you need it?

Ponders Wed 14-Aug-13 10:57:55

Grand Scenic & S-Max are the same class/size, aren't they?

Had you considered a Freda or a Bongo, Pimpf? Ideal for camping & holidays grin

(Trouble is they all seem to be quite old & high mileage...)

kilmuir Wed 14-Aug-13 10:51:30

we have s max, with one of those roof things to put suitcases in for holiday

SoupDragon Wed 14-Aug-13 10:48:57

I have an SMax which I can't fault. Not sure if it's big enough for what you want but I've found it more than ample for 1 adult, 3 children and a dog. I like the fact that it's big without being huuuuge on the outside - clearly it is big but doesn't seem it!

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Wed 14-Aug-13 10:44:08

You might want to start by checking Mumsnet Cars' 10 best seven-seaters. You don't say what your budget is but if you don't want to buy new, you can still use these recommendations and just look for used versions instead. Definitely worth getting Mumsnetters' views too though - it might help to say whether you plan to buy new or used, give an idea of your approximate budget and add any other factors that might be important to you as well as space for camping holidays.

Pimpf Tue 13-Aug-13 21:33:37

I currently have a Renault grand scenic and whilst its been great I feel I need something bigger for long journeys camping and holidays. I still want 7 seats even though I only have 2 kids. So what do you recommend? I think I'm after. Vw caravelle but wondering if I really need it, would a galaxy/space do? Dh still needs convincing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now