Peugeot 5008 v Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

(3 Posts)
LucidDaisy Mon 05-Aug-13 13:28:39

Hi all

First time poster and have read some great advice on here in my search for a seven seater. Have narrowed it down to these two cars but the question is which one....

I've test driven both and prefer the drive of the 5008 but prefer the look of the Citroen. I would like other peoples views on the practicality of each.

The Citreon has all the space around the front whereas the Peugeot has a more cockpit feel. Does the Citreon space lend itself to dumping bags etc and creating a mess / do you find it useful?

The Peugeot has a panoramic roof, more gadgets e.g. Bluetooth, head up display but is a 10 plate so warranty expired. For the same price the Citreon is an 11 plate so I get another year.
I know there are questions over reliability of both these makes but I thought they'd improved recently.

Anyone had experience of both? Really can't decide between them

Thanks in advance!

WMittens Mon 05-Aug-13 20:01:25

From wiki:

"The 5008 shares underskin structure and mechanical componentry with the Citroën C4 Grand Picasso."

They're the same car (to all intents and purposes).

What is more important to you, gadgets or a newer car? Remember you can get an extended or third party warranty from a multitude of places.

SweetApril Tue 06-Aug-13 15:05:12

Of the two I've only tried the Peugeot but I did really like it. The drive was OK and the space seemed very practical. The spec must be fairly high if it has a panoramic roof and heads-up display and personally (assuming there's not some vast difference mileage-wise) I would go for the higher spec car but I then do love a gadget. I test drove a two-year old 5008 and I did notice that the seat material hadn't worn particularly well, there was quite a lot of bobbling especially around the sides. Hardly a big deal but I wondered how much general family car "abuse" it would take before it began to look really tatty.

And I would definitely be aiming to negotiate a one-year warranty as part of the deal. TBH, if I was buying from a dealership I would expect nothing less than a one-year warrantly on a '10 plate car.

Not sure this is of much help to you given that I didn't actually buy the 5008!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now