Help! In need of recommendations for a small car with decent boot space

(8 Posts)
ArthurSixpence Tue 25-Jun-13 10:18:17

We had one too, jaik and DD has missed sitting in the front with us ever since :/

jaik Tue 25-Jun-13 10:02:46

As ArthurSixpence put up, the Multipla, whilst ugly enough to curdle milk at 100m, can be picked up for well under £2k, big enough to haul pretty much everything you need, but still compact to chuck around almost everywhere.

We've had ours for over two years, bought for £1200, baby girl likes the big windows and clear view to us at the front, mrs likes the highish driving position, and i liked the remap that pumps up the mid range....:D

Our fully comp isurance is £300, parked out on the street

RoLoh Tue 25-Jun-13 00:19:51

my budget is around £2k - looking for second hand. Just want a run around car really, no bigger than a focus, cheap for insurance.

ArthurSixpence Mon 24-Jun-13 15:24:10

What's your budget, and what do you mean by small?

A Fiat Multilpa is shorter than a Golf and has an enormous boot, especially if you only need three seats as you can remove all the back ones (it has three front seats) They are a bit wider than most cars though, although by no means wider than all.

They are also as cheap as chips.

AKAK81 Mon 24-Jun-13 15:19:58

Check out the Hyundai range as well. Both makes are likely to be more reliable than their European competitors

RoLoh Mon 24-Jun-13 13:33:50

thanks Donut I'll check it out.

DonutForMyself Mon 24-Jun-13 11:34:46

Kia Rio - super cheap, reasonable sized boot and you get a 7 year warranty with Kias.

RoLoh Mon 24-Jun-13 11:31:28

I need to get a small car, ideally one with a boot that will at least fit the buggy and some shopping. Any recommendations please? thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now