Help! In need of recommendations for a small car with decent boot space

(8 Posts)
RoLoh Mon 24-Jun-13 11:31:28

I need to get a small car, ideally one with a boot that will at least fit the buggy and some shopping. Any recommendations please? thanks

DonutForMyself Mon 24-Jun-13 11:34:46

Kia Rio - super cheap, reasonable sized boot and you get a 7 year warranty with Kias.

RoLoh Mon 24-Jun-13 13:33:50

thanks Donut I'll check it out.

AKAK81 Mon 24-Jun-13 15:19:58

Check out the Hyundai range as well. Both makes are likely to be more reliable than their European competitors

ArthurSixpence Mon 24-Jun-13 15:24:10

What's your budget, and what do you mean by small?

A Fiat Multilpa is shorter than a Golf and has an enormous boot, especially if you only need three seats as you can remove all the back ones (it has three front seats) They are a bit wider than most cars though, although by no means wider than all.

They are also as cheap as chips.

RoLoh Tue 25-Jun-13 00:19:51

my budget is around £2k - looking for second hand. Just want a run around car really, no bigger than a focus, cheap for insurance.

jaik Tue 25-Jun-13 10:02:46

As ArthurSixpence put up, the Multipla, whilst ugly enough to curdle milk at 100m, can be picked up for well under £2k, big enough to haul pretty much everything you need, but still compact to chuck around almost everywhere.

We've had ours for over two years, bought for £1200, baby girl likes the big windows and clear view to us at the front, mrs likes the highish driving position, and i liked the remap that pumps up the mid range....:D

Our fully comp isurance is £300, parked out on the street

ArthurSixpence Tue 25-Jun-13 10:18:17

We had one too, jaik and DD has missed sitting in the front with us ever since :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now