Windowsox or tints for estate?

(6 Posts)
Zara1984 Sat 22-Jun-13 08:24:29

Buying a low miles Toyota Avensis estate today (not sexy at all, but it seems very practical and I'm excited!).

Trying to work out what is best for shading DS (still in rearwards facing car seat) from sun? The cheapie roller or sucker ones don't cover whole window. Thinking of getting WindowSox but DH wants to buy and apply a pre-cut custom tint layer/stick on thing to back seat and boot windows.

Views from those who have either!? I think tints might look naff but they do seem like an all-round solution.

AntsMarching Sat 22-Jun-13 08:32:59

Our windows already had a tint and we still used Windowsox as the tint wasn't strong enough. Windowsox really does the trick and it's so easy to remove when you no longer need/want it. We kept the Windowsox on dd1's window until about 2. By then she was desperate to look out the window when in the car and you really can't see out with it on. At 2, the tint was enough. Dd2 still has a Windowsox on her window at 13 months. We'll probably remove it in the winter.

Waswondering Sat 22-Jun-13 08:37:38

How new is it? We test drove a year old Avensis estate the other week and the rear windows were tinted. We bought the saloon version: I don't think our rear windows are tinted but the DC have not complained at all bout glare etc.

HTH

MrsBucketxx Sat 22-Jun-13 08:40:47

window tint can cause problems with the police too. due to them obscuring your view.

id be getting the sox I think.

didireallysaythat Sat 22-Jun-13 08:51:34

Sox. We have a cmax with tinted glass and its nearly impossible to see where you are going when you try to reverse at night.

Zara1984 Sun 23-Jun-13 19:42:56

2005 Avensis. Windows aren't tinted already. Ok, am liking the sound of Windowsox even more! Got some of the roller jobbies from Boots as a temporary fix and they're ugly as well as hopeless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now