Boot space for kids' bikes & 3 kids in back

(10 Posts)
Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 15-Jun-13 08:33:29

We love our galaxy, I'm a childminder and can get 3 big seats across the back if needed, the back seats are big enough for adults too. My friend has an smax and that's simila ruby her boot seems smaller height wise and maybe wider.

Fourkisses Sat 15-Jun-13 08:09:31

Wow, from talking to myself to having loads of ideas. Thanks all, off to look at those links!

catslave Fri 14-Jun-13 22:43:28

Peugeot 308SW or 5008 - very economical and loads of space. You can also unfold seats 6 & 7 if your children have friends over...

Artura Fri 14-Jun-13 21:56:22

VW sharan? You can find some with built in child seats (that fold down to normal size). And the newer ones have sliding doors. I looked for an Alhambra, but there are not many used/nearly new ones around. Not really funky though. 3rd row of seats fold flat to give massive boot. Galaxy also good to drive but I decided against it as no sliding doors.

flakjacket Fri 14-Jun-13 13:05:00

Fiat Doblo. Fits all your criteria - not funky though...

megandraper Fri 14-Jun-13 13:03:03

We've got a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and easily get 3 bikes in the boot with 3 kids in the back seat. Our kids are quite young though, so their bikes aren't very big. Not sure I'd call the Picasso funky, either, though the wrap-around windscreen is quite cool

lljkk Fri 14-Jun-13 12:57:43

Not a Sedona then (trust me).
Galaxy might do you.

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Thu 13-Jun-13 14:24:10

You might want to take a look at Mumsnet Cars' recommendations of the best MPVs and even our list of the best best seven-seaters. If you click on each individual car review, you'll see a link to the car's 'specs' at the bottom - follow this through to the What Car? page and click on any version of the car to see, amongst other things, its exterior dimensions.

Fourkisses Thu 13-Jun-13 12:28:41

Any ideas?
Sorry for shameless bump

Fourkisses Wed 12-Jun-13 15:11:12

I'm looking for a new car to replace my Grand Scenic. I don't like the Scenic, it's sluggish & too wide to get out of the car easily in most car park spaces. However I love that I can fit 3 kids in the back in booster seats (just) & can get the dc's bikes in the boot.
Any recommendations for a car with a big boot that's not as wide as a scenic? Maybe a bit more funky too - but I don't think I want an off road type

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now