Choice of 3 cars but which one

(15 Posts)
Theselittlelightsofmine Thu 06-Jun-13 14:17:38

Peugeot 107
Peugeot 207
Nissan Micra 1.2

All Auto version

It needs to be cheap to run but also be a nice drive.

Does anyone own any of the above and could tell me more about them please smile

Theselittlelightsofmine Thu 06-Jun-13 14:21:40

Should of said that the 207 would be a diesel smile

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Thu 06-Jun-13 14:30:23

While you're waiting for replies from Mumsnetters, you might want to go and check out the Mumsnet Cars expert reviews for each of these. You can look them each up here. Might also be an idea to let us know what you plan to use them for - how old your passengers are, whether you'll be pootling round town or doing occasional motorway commutes, and so on.

Cavort Thu 06-Jun-13 14:34:34

Don't buy a French car, it's Japanese all the way for reliability!

Theselittlelightsofmine Thu 06-Jun-13 15:49:00

3 DC one in front 2 in back, no motorways just school run and going to work which is 5 mins away.

TheSecondComing Fri 07-Jun-13 08:04:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Theselittlelightsofmine Fri 07-Jun-13 09:45:06

Thank you.

Anyone else have any of the above please?

michaelh Fri 07-Jun-13 10:49:20

The Nissan will probably be the least trouble. But whatever you do do NOT buy a diesel. Modern diesels are only worthwhile if you are doing high motorway mileages, which you are not. Using a diesel for lots of short trips in town equals problems with the particulate filter and will be endless hassle. Plus diesels are more expensive to buy and service. The (slightly) better economy is far, far outweighed by these downsides.

AKAK81 Fri 07-Jun-13 12:52:45

Micra all the way. As said a small petrol is likely to be more reliable than a modern diesel. The 207 is one of the nastiest cars I've driven I have no idea how they sell.

Waswondering Fri 07-Jun-13 12:55:59

Micra. Bought a new one in 2010, use it for school run and taking kids places. Turn on a sixpence and park in teeny spaces others have given up on.

Comfortable, very easy to drive. I love mine. Can get hbb +2 in back seat, so can take 4 kids if needs be.

Economical - one tank of petrol lasts a month.

Enjoy!

samuelwhiskers Fri 07-Jun-13 12:57:02

Nissan micra, perfect for what you want. I have had a peugeot 207 (2004) but really did not like it, it was also not reliable.

Theselittlelightsofmine Fri 07-Jun-13 13:41:39

Thanks all will discount 207 from my list.

Theselittlelightsofmine Fri 07-Jun-13 13:45:12

Sorry another question

New or Used?

Waswondering Fri 07-Jun-13 14:02:24

I've had mine since new .... they changed the model design just after I bought mine. So have a look at which you prefer.

The basic model is very basic - has no bells or whistles, but if you go for a mid range one you get more options.

Enjoy!

michaelh Sun 09-Jun-13 16:40:25

Used. Unless you can get a fabulous deal with free servicing of insurance. A new car, even a little cheap one, loses hundreds of pounds a month in depreciation. That's a lot of money to spend for a nice new-car smell (that will disappear in a week anyway). Buy one a year or two old and you will have a virtually new car for maybe half price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now