Audi A3 Sportback

(14 Posts)

Alex thank you for that - I will check it out!

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Thu 16-May-13 13:12:48

HumptyDumptyBumpty, you can read expert reviews of every current car in the reviews section of Mumsnet Cars. The What Car? reviews are by motoring experts who know parents' needs and interests - you can also click through to specifications for each model including diagrams showing the size of the car's boot, so you can work out if your chosen buggy is likely to fit.

Thanks all - much appreciated. I want boring! I'm not a confident driver, I want something solid and doughty. With space for a buggy. I'm impressed you can get a buggy in a fiat 500 mosschops! We said no to it on that basis... Isn't that the whole boot gone, though?

Mosschops30 Wed 15-May-13 20:11:23

I hated my Audi a3, it's the most boring car ever.
Audi customer service is abysmal I would never have another

I sold it after 8 months and got a mini clubman which was amazing.
I now have a fiat 500 which I can get a buggy in

Casmama Wed 15-May-13 20:10:31

I have ordered the new A3 sport a k (company car too) because it is great to drive and the quoted fuel economy is fantastic.

SarahJinx Wed 15-May-13 20:08:04

God, I LOVED mine. I had an A3 sport 3 dr before DS, then a sport back (company car - spoilt). Ample space for a buggy, we had a Quinny, and an isofix.

It isn't an estate, it's quite big though. Went like the clappers too....

KenDoddsDadsDog Chile Wed 15-May-13 20:04:08

It does look a bit estate like. I saw it in the showroom when I got my A1 Sportback . Plenty of room I would say.

WMittens Wed 15-May-13 20:03:23

Don't get hung up on if it's an estate or not, as Casmama said, it's mainly a distinction between the number of doors.

WMittens Wed 15-May-13 20:02:01

Yes I see what you mean as the A3 is only 3 doors and the Sportback is only 5 doors, but I'd still class the Sportback as an estate: the A3 has A- B- and C-pillars; Sportback has A- B- C- and D-pillars (with extra length and the extra rear legroom and bootspace to go with it).

Thanks both! I shall ask if it's an estate or not - glad to hear it's pleasant to drive, that's what I need!

Casmama Wed 15-May-13 19:53:29
Casmama Wed 15-May-13 19:50:09

I don't think the sport back is the estate version, I think it just means it has 4 doors.
I have a 3door A3 (3years old) and think the A3 is a great family car. The new one won what car of the year 2013 so worth checking out the reviews on there. Also test drive.

WMittens Wed 15-May-13 19:45:27

As the estate version of the hatchback, there should be plenty of space. They're fairly pleasant to drive and comfortable (based on recent experience of an A4).

Hello all,

I've just passed my driving test, so know almost nothing about cars - be gentle!

DH has suggested getting an Audi A3 Sportback, as we have a bun in the oven - he reckoned it would be okay for prams/buggies etc - anyone agree/know differently?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now