Anyone got experience of a Golf Estate?

(10 Posts)
BikeRunSki Mon 27-May-13 22:26:13

The Exeo build quality was inferior to the the A4. I drove an A4 for three years and disliked it for other reasons, but not the build quality. Of course, I am only speaking from experience of one Exeo and on A4.

WMittens Sun 26-May-13 21:35:28

Don't bother with the Seat Exeo though. We had one on long term hire once, and the interior was flimsy and badly built.

That surprises me, as it's an Audi A4 with a Seat badge, and Audis (and VWs) often get touted as the pinnacle of automotive excellence*.

rcs19 Sun 26-May-13 19:33:25

We've got one as dh's company car. It's not exactly exciting but I don't have any problems with it either. It has lots of boot space and dd1 hasn't been car sick in it yet (fingers crossed) so the ride is smooth. As has already been said, good visibility and easy to park. The only negative is that I find the driving seat a bit low and laid back however I try to adjust it.

BikeRunSki Sun 26-May-13 19:19:57

Maybe have a look at the Skoda Octavia too. Similar price to the Golf estate but bigger. Don't bother with the Seat Exeo though. We had one on long term hire once, and the interior was flimsy and badly built.

BikeRunSki Sun 26-May-13 19:17:05

DH had one for a couple of years, as a company car. it was a Bluemotion. Very cheap to run, but also v low and used to.bottom out on our unmade road. I think this is just the Bluemotion. As estates go, it is not huge but generally big enough for a family of 4. We used to use a roof bag for holidays. Reliable though.

Totesamazeballs Sun 26-May-13 19:07:44

Thanks for the feedback folks. We have also had a look at the Nissan Qashquai or however it's spelt.

StickEmUpPunk Sun 26-May-13 14:57:31

PRO: VW is a well made car. Not expensive to maintain - it's a myth.

CON: none.
Mechanic DH does recommend a diesel version.

Good luck with that, I love VW (although currently have a SEAT, but the same company so!)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beachcomber Fri 10-May-13 18:44:03

We have a 10 year old Golf III estate. Not sure from your post if you are looking at the more recent version.

We are very happy with it (had it about 4 years) good solid car, cheap to run, perfectly pleasant to drive, easy to maintain, fairly big boot but not an enormous car. I also find it quite an easy car to park despite being an estate (good visibility). There is absolutely nothing fancy about it, but it is a good reliable comfortable car.

HTH

Totesamazeballs Fri 10-May-13 18:25:10

Looking to buy an estate car and I like the look of this one. Anyone got any experience of it? Pros or cons?

Thanks
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now