Any lady driver who uses a navigation app for iphone?

(23 Posts)
Fiona2011231 Wed 08-May-13 09:33:16

I need to buy a new car sat nav. I was wondering if I should buy a navigation app for iphone like the Navigon, rather than buying a traditional sat nav (Garmin, Tom Tom).

Does anyone use a navigation app for iphone? Is it safe while driving?

Thank you.

I use co-pilot live on my iphone because it was cheap as chips when I got it.

I have a sucker on my windscreen to mount the iphone to, so it functions like a sat-nav.

Why would my opinion be less valid if I was a man?

piprabbit Wed 08-May-13 09:41:30

Do lady drivers need a special sparkly, pink sat nav? One that avoids motorways and tricky roundabouts?

PS you can get tomtom for the iphone

K8Middleton Wed 08-May-13 09:45:30

Arf at lady driver specific sat nav. Comes with an option to switch to mirror mode for make up touch ups at the lights

FumblesandFrolics Wed 08-May-13 09:45:36

I use Waze. I like that it tells me where the traffic is, and that I can tell others too.

ISeeSmallPeople Wed 08-May-13 09:47:12

Lady drivers don't need Satnav. After all we can't park, so what's the point in driving anywhere? grin

And ISee has just given me the perfect opportunity to share the youtube vid DS sent me

blondebubble Wed 08-May-13 09:49:13

As a lady driver, my sense of direction is far superior to any man that may be in my car!

You've made a rod for your own back here I fear!

K8Middleton Wed 08-May-13 09:51:43

What does your husband think?

<cackles>

Piemother Wed 08-May-13 09:56:07

You don't need say nav, ladies are able to ask for directions grin

MrsBranestawm Wed 08-May-13 09:57:36

Please don't call us "lady drivers". angry

FancyPuffin Wed 08-May-13 10:02:05

I have a special lady satnav.

It uses a soothing voice so I don't get confused while alone in the car. It also points out interesting landmarks like Fluffy Kitten Town and Sparkly Shite.

It also tells me affirming messages like 'Dance like no ones watching' sadly I crashed while attempting this sad

Theselittlelightsofmine Wed 08-May-13 10:04:36

I wish there was a sat nav that avoided motorways and tricky roundabouts, hate driving on/round both of them.

I drive a great big fuck off car with a great big fuck off engine and I love the noise it makes. I have been told (on another forum) that there only 3 or 4 ladies who own my car in the UK. Ha. Go me.

ButteryJam Wed 08-May-13 10:11:24

I use google maps and nav free

Fiona2011231 Wed 08-May-13 14:47:17

Thanks to everyone. I just assumed the forum is mainly for 'ladies', but in hindsight, I should have not used 'lady drivers'.

Best,

Theselittlelightsofmine Wed 08-May-13 16:43:37

Oooooo Freddie which car do you have?

Theselittlelightsofmine Wed 08-May-13 16:45:19

I love big cars and trucks which is why I'm just being nosey I guess grin

EauRouge Wed 08-May-13 16:50:18

As a lady driver, I just follow the man with the flag that walks in front of me.

Freddie, tell us what car you have!

FancyPuffin Wed 08-May-13 18:39:29

grin Eau

trixymalixy Wed 08-May-13 18:41:05

I use freenav.

RenterNomad Wed 08-May-13 18:56:03

I use the GoogleMaps navigator on my
... ahem.... Android phone. However, we will definitely be buying a TomTom (not generic satnav, an actual TomTom: I can't get on with Garmin) when we next go abroad, because smartphone roaming charges are punitive, especially outside the EU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now