What is a good, small car?

(12 Posts)
Sirzy Tue 30-Apr-13 07:26:07

I have driven corsas for years and they are great

WMittens Tue 30-Apr-13 07:14:18

Monty27

Erm, what? I'm not sure what issue you're got.

tabulahrasa Mon 29-Apr-13 23:30:16

I'm selling a fiesta if you want one... I mean I'm nowhere near you, but I figured I'd offer, lol

Monty27 Mon 29-Apr-13 23:20:04

Wow Mittens, op is just asking and was quite clear in her op, didn't see anything to suggest she/he was adamant about not having another Yaris confused

WMittens Mon 29-Apr-13 22:42:22

If the Yaris is the right size, get another Yaris.

If you're looking for Yaris-size but are adamant it shouldn't be a Yaris, try a Polo, Seat Arosa, Fiesta, Corsa (actually don't, the last Corsa I drove was bordering on torture). Someone mentioned the i10 above, the i20 would be in the Yaris/Polo/Fiesta bracket I would think.

RunRabbit Mon 29-Apr-13 22:34:21

No, I think the Yaris is a good size plus you can zip all the seats back and forward to make the boot bigger or smaller but the Aygo has a smaller boot than the Yaris (my cousin has an Aygo) and I dont think you can make it any bigger.

I'm not getting rid of my Yaris because it's too small, I'm getting rid, because it's falling apart.

WMittens Mon 29-Apr-13 22:25:00

So you're looking at a car that's too small for your needs, but want suggestions for cars the same size? confused

LapinDeBois Mon 29-Apr-13 22:24:10

Hyundai i10? Love ours. Cheap to run, nice to drive, and pretty well-equipped for a 'basic' car. Oh, and five years' warranty is quite nice!!

Monty27 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:15:34

A Ford Ka? I have one, cheap as chips to run and mine is old. Not a lot of room in it, can just about get a big shop in the boot, but it does me. Depends whether you need space for buggies etc.

RunRabbit Mon 29-Apr-13 22:12:47

People keep telling me that Citroen and Peugeot are rubbish. And I like the Aygo but think it's too small.

Looking to spend up to 4k I reckon.

WMittens Mon 29-Apr-13 21:41:45

I'm not aware of anything wrong with them. Both should be reliable, and cheap parts. There's not much to say really, they're fairly basic town/city transport. It's worth noting that the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107 are essentially the same car as the Aygo.

I don't know your budget or how new/old you are looking at, but the VW Up!/Seat Mii/Skoda Citigo was released recently, they look to be a similar size. There's always the Ford Ka, Vauxhall Agila although they're slightly larger than the Aygo (similar size to the Micra).

RunRabbit Mon 29-Apr-13 20:10:25

I have a Toyota Yaris at the minute. I want to change it though. I've been looking at the Nissan Micra and Toyota Aygo.

Are they any good? Are there any same sized, better cars?

Also I live in the North where all the roads are on hills. Will an automatic vs. manual make a difference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now