What is a good, small car?

(12 Posts)
RunRabbit Mon 29-Apr-13 20:10:25

I have a Toyota Yaris at the minute. I want to change it though. I've been looking at the Nissan Micra and Toyota Aygo.

Are they any good? Are there any same sized, better cars?

Also I live in the North where all the roads are on hills. Will an automatic vs. manual make a difference?

WMittens Mon 29-Apr-13 21:41:45

I'm not aware of anything wrong with them. Both should be reliable, and cheap parts. There's not much to say really, they're fairly basic town/city transport. It's worth noting that the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107 are essentially the same car as the Aygo.

I don't know your budget or how new/old you are looking at, but the VW Up!/Seat Mii/Skoda Citigo was released recently, they look to be a similar size. There's always the Ford Ka, Vauxhall Agila although they're slightly larger than the Aygo (similar size to the Micra).

RunRabbit Mon 29-Apr-13 22:12:47

People keep telling me that Citroen and Peugeot are rubbish. And I like the Aygo but think it's too small.

Looking to spend up to 4k I reckon.

Monty27 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:15:34

A Ford Ka? I have one, cheap as chips to run and mine is old. Not a lot of room in it, can just about get a big shop in the boot, but it does me. Depends whether you need space for buggies etc.

LapinDeBois Mon 29-Apr-13 22:24:10

Hyundai i10? Love ours. Cheap to run, nice to drive, and pretty well-equipped for a 'basic' car. Oh, and five years' warranty is quite nice!!

WMittens Mon 29-Apr-13 22:25:00

So you're looking at a car that's too small for your needs, but want suggestions for cars the same size? confused

RunRabbit Mon 29-Apr-13 22:34:21

No, I think the Yaris is a good size plus you can zip all the seats back and forward to make the boot bigger or smaller but the Aygo has a smaller boot than the Yaris (my cousin has an Aygo) and I dont think you can make it any bigger.

I'm not getting rid of my Yaris because it's too small, I'm getting rid, because it's falling apart.

WMittens Mon 29-Apr-13 22:42:22

If the Yaris is the right size, get another Yaris.

If you're looking for Yaris-size but are adamant it shouldn't be a Yaris, try a Polo, Seat Arosa, Fiesta, Corsa (actually don't, the last Corsa I drove was bordering on torture). Someone mentioned the i10 above, the i20 would be in the Yaris/Polo/Fiesta bracket I would think.

Monty27 Mon 29-Apr-13 23:20:04

Wow Mittens, op is just asking and was quite clear in her op, didn't see anything to suggest she/he was adamant about not having another Yaris confused

tabulahrasa Mon 29-Apr-13 23:30:16

I'm selling a fiesta if you want one... I mean I'm nowhere near you, but I figured I'd offer, lol

WMittens Tue 30-Apr-13 07:14:18

Monty27

Erm, what? I'm not sure what issue you're got.

Sirzy Tue 30-Apr-13 07:26:07

I have driven corsas for years and they are great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now