Renault Grand Scenic or Citroen Grand C4 Picasso

(31 Posts)
pansyflimflam Sun 21-Apr-13 18:11:03

We need 7 proper seats and a boot.... We will be getting a brand new one of whatever it is on lease. I wonder if anyone here has experience of either of these cars? Are the 7 seats really seven seats? Proper ones I mean? Or maybe you could recommend something similar in the same price range? Any help, advice or pointers would be good.

TIA

SamsGoldilocks Sun 05-May-13 08:42:31

Don't get the grand scenic - the back seats are really cramped and you're not supposed to use child seats on them.

Also as others have said loads of expensive electrical and other faults. We too had hoped to have outs for years but are getting rid ASAP.

staticlunge Sun 05-May-13 08:49:19

We looked at seven seaters yesterday. S Max, boot space was limited. Volvo XC 90 you could easily get two suitcases in the boot with the boot seats up and plenty of leg room.

pmgkt Sun 05-May-13 08:54:28

I have a grand scenic, love it. Had a zafira before which was a nightmare. I have 4 kids, 2 dogs. I usually set it with 3 in the middle row as there is loads if room, then one in the back. I can get my Phil and teds buggy behind back seats, just.

lyndsey101 Tue 11-Jun-13 23:54:23

If I was to choose between the two it would be the Grand Picasso, however if you think 7 seats might be a bit of a squeeze (considering some are small for their seat capacity), why not go for something a bit bigger such as a Nissan Pathfinder for example.

Loueee Mon 01-Jul-13 13:01:24

I hate to throw the cat among the pigeons so to speak but have you considered the Peugeot 5008? I think it is based on the same platform as the Citroen C4 but I think it looks a bit more stylish. And it looks smaller as well yet still has three separate seats on the back row.

pinkchick1 Fri 02-Aug-13 20:09:11

Hi all, I have noticed that lots of you are having the same issue as me, terrible problems finding a pram to fit behind the boots seats of a c4 or zafira. I was at my wits end, as a childminder I desperately needed to use all 7 seats but needed a double for smaller children.

I have tried the maclaren twin triumph, it got sent back, weighs a ton and does not really fit, then after an internet search I came across a double that looks like the triumph and is the same width. I thought, here goes lets order it and give it a go, if all else fails I can actually take it back to shop. Have to say the buggy is fantastic, its just arrived today, its called a redkite push me duo and it costs just £99 from asda. Its feels like is weighs half the weight of the mclaren and it is suitable from birth. Has full recline, hood and raincover. I have a nipper 360 for day if I can use it, but for school run and holidays I now have this redkite. I would highly recommend as its shorter than the mclaren, lighter and is lovely to push.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now