Is the XC-90 big enough for a family of 6?

(6 Posts)
TheCatInTheHairnet Wed 10-Apr-13 21:39:15

Just that really. 4 kids ages 10-16. Is there enough room in the XC90 for lugging around them and all their crap stuff?

Thanks!

TheCatInTheHairnet Wed 10-Apr-13 21:46:58

Oh, and 2 little dogs too but they don't take up too much space. Obviously.

We have a Peugeot 807. It's not the sexiest car out there, but roomy enough for the 6 of us. (kids aged 4 to 12). We are looking at buying a new car and looked at the XC90 and I was really shocked at how small it is inside, esp the bach 2 seats. And your kids are even older. So imo based on my comparison of the peugeot and the xc90 I'd say no.

Are you buying a new car? I'd like a VW van (can't remember name) but dh wants a landrover discovery hmm. A Chrysler grand voyager is similar inside to a Peugeot 807, or VW Sharan. I think the Audi Q7 and the XC90 have weirdly done a reverse Tardis, as on the outside they are not small cars by any means. But inside they certianly are

theartfulsoapdodger Wed 10-Apr-13 22:39:16

We had an xc90 when we had 4 aged about 13 and under. Changed it for a Grand voyager when dc5 was a baby. i seem to remember my older two complaining massively if they ever went in the 3rd row seats. The boot was big enough for a basic stroller and groceries, not much else, but better than other SUV boots like e.g. Mercedes M class

I think it's not really big enough for your family but it could work if you ignore any whinging. I'll be getting another one when I only have 4 kids to cart around again, it was a good car.

TheCatInTheHairnet Thu 11-Apr-13 01:02:05

Thanks! I actually live in the States so some of the car suggestions aren't available to me, but I knew the XC90 was a bigger car in the UK. I don't want a People Carrier (even with 4 kids, it feels like I'm submitting to being a mum lol!) but the alternative is literally enormous SUVs that get about 13mpg and I haven't liked any in test drives. They feel like tanks!

I may have to suck it up on the minivan thing, I guess. Just in my head, I shouldn't have one!! grin

Maybe if you think of it a a scoobydoo mobile it will seem more appealing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now