Freelander 2 - which colour??!!

(5 Posts)
oliviasfriend Sat 06-Apr-13 12:52:32

Am changing my car and have decided on a Freelander 2. Am buying a used car and am down to two and it's basically now down to colour. It's either santorini black or ipanema sand. I was going to go with black but am quite taken with the sand colour (it's a metallic silvery gold colour) and wonder if it wouldn't show the dirt as much. Any views on practicality and of course coolness?!

CoeliacParent Sun 07-Apr-13 07:12:40

Black - cooler for sure, but.... Hotter!! (if the sun ever came out) a black car actually absorbs the heat -rather than reflecting - if leather seats this can make it uncomfortable in the summer after a few hours in the sun... (Privacy glass can counter some if not all of this effect - but recommend only factory fitted)... But you have t

and black does show the dirt more for sure...

CoeliacParent Sun 07-Apr-13 07:14:44

But you have to ask yourself.... Will the sun ever come out!

TheFallenNinja Sun 07-Apr-13 07:18:06

Black looks great after a car wash for about an hour.

oliviasfriend Sun 07-Apr-13 16:07:59

Thanks for the feedback. Both cars have privacy glass and black leather seats. My husband says the black car will look like I'm in the mafia with all those dark windows!! The ipanema sand wouldn't show the dirt as much for sure - just not sure if it's such a cool colour!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now