What do you think of Mumsnet Cars? Tell us, and you could win a portable sat nav

(81 Posts)
AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Wed 03-Apr-13 14:32:01

Mumsnet Cars is a few months shy of its first birthday, so in preparation for the big day we'd like to take this chance to look at how it works for you and find out what you think of it.

We'd like your opinions so we can make sure it does everything you want it to. So if you've ever used it - or didn't even know it was there - now's the time to take a look and let us know what you think of it.

All your thoughts would be really helpful, although it would be particularly useful to hear your opinions on any of the following:

Have you ever looked at Mumsnet Cars? Did you know it was there?
How easy is it to find the information you want on it?
What sort of information are you most likely to be looking for at Mumsnet Cars?
What do you think of both the range and quality of the content Mumsnet Cars currently has to offer (car reviews, used car valuations, news and advice)?
What are we missing?

Everyone who posts their comments below by 15 April 2013 will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a TomTom Via 135 Europe portable sat nav worth £150. This device covers the UK and the rest of Europe, and includes voice-control, Bluetooth connection for your mobile phone and TomTom's Lifetime Map update package, worth £80. 

Snog Sun 07-Apr-13 08:25:00

I am only interested in the car reviews. I love the idea of hearing mumsnetters' reviews as its a good fake counterpoint to top gear. At the moment there don't seem to be any mumsnet reviews of the cars I'm interested in though

BikeRunSki Sun 07-Apr-13 10:34:10

I put a review of my car on in the very early days. I'd had my car for about a year, so it seemed a good time to do a pretty comprehensive review. I haven't looked at it since because we haven't changed cars. I had been planning to because DH applied for a job without a car (he has a company car at the moment) and would have needed to buy his own. He didn't get the job though.

Tortington Sun 07-Apr-13 10:37:12

Have you ever looked at Mumsnet Cars?
no
Did you know it was there?
yes.

easy

info on second hand cars

What do you think of both the range and quality of the content Mumsnet Cars currently has to offer (car reviews, used car valuations, news and advice)?
A good range.

What are we missing?
dunno til I want a new car.

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Mon 08-Apr-13 13:21:05

This is all really useful stuff - many thanks to those who have posted so far. If you haven't done so already, don't miss this opportunity to tell us what you want from Mumsnet Cars. We want to hear from everyone, however much or how little you have to say. Don't hold back! grin

malachite Fri 12-Apr-13 20:02:10

Have you ever looked at Mumsnet Cars? Did you know it was there?
Yes I looked at it when I was buying my last car. It was helpful!

It's pretty easy - the search function is useful when you've spotted a car you like and want to see what other people think of it.

Reviews from people who have owned them.

It could do with more info on older cars for those of us on a tight budget.

What are we missing? Nothing else I can think of

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Tue 16-Apr-13 13:24:34

Thanks to everyone for their invaluable feedback here – all of your comments will help us to give you want from Mumsnet Cars. Twotrackmind was the lucky winner of our TomTom Via 135 Europe portable sat-nav, but don't let that stop you from adding any more comments on this thread. We still want to hear any comments on Mumsnet Cars, whatever you have to say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now