Got about £6000 to spend

(7 Posts)
BellaVita Sun 10-Mar-13 16:10:07

Seat Ibiza!

VivaLeBeaver Sun 10-Mar-13 15:54:23

Ford focus, and I say that as a vw fan. vWs are better cars but I think they're overpriced now. Ford engineering has improved no end.

I've currently got a ford fusion, Dh has a mondeo, my sister has a lovely focus. We had a focus as a hire car last week and I'm seriously thinking of selling my fusion now to get a focus. Even the delivery driver said what a lovely car it was, that he rates it above and beyond an Audi A3 and he spends his days driving both.

You'll get more for your money with a ford compared to a vw, so newer car, less mileage. Fords are generally cheaper for parts and repairs than vw.

oliverreed Sun 10-Mar-13 15:48:58

we've just bought a ford focus, '09' plate for 6k. What Car magazines favourite small family car. The boot space is huge and the back seats fold in a 60/40 configuration. It handles well too. We also looked at a Skoda Fabia which was lighter but again really good space. Don't think you can go wrong with a VW/Focus/Toyota but do get an independant vehicle inspection (ie AA or RAC).

zumo Thu 07-Mar-13 06:49:41

Buy a VW Bora excellent car underrated so cheaper than a Golf, get one for £1000 spend the rest on a holiday

PhyllisDoris Wed 06-Mar-13 22:47:40

Hadn't thought of a VW. Going window shopping Sat - will check them out.

octanegirl Wed 06-Mar-13 13:05:07

Golf all the way!

PhyllisDoris Tue 05-Mar-13 21:50:51

What car would you recommend? We want something second hand, cheap to run, 5 door, ideally hatchback, but not a dolls car (ie not really small like a picanto or similar)
Oh, and it mustn't be blue.

I'm thinking along the lines of a Peugeot 2007/3007, Astra, Focus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now