Nissan Juke - thoughts???

(22 Posts)
Supershiv1 Wed 30-Jan-13 21:52:27

Currently have a 3 door 03 reg (frog shaped) Micra and expecting DC1. Have had it 8 yrs and it's been great but been thinking for a while I need to change.
Anyone have any experience of Nissan Jukes? Or opinions?

Megsdaughter Wed 30-Jan-13 21:56:48

3 door or 5, 3 doors is a nightmare to get a baby seat in and out of.

I have just bought a brand new Micra, looked a a juke at the same time, and no way would I have got a buggy plus shopping in the boot.

ginmakesitallok Wed 30-Jan-13 21:57:45

Tiny boot.

Supershiv1 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:26:52

Boot is tiny, but have put a deposit on one as I loved the test drive.
Will let you know if I regret it!

The smallest 'big' car I've ever seen! Buy a Nissan note instead...

Meant to add:

My next door neighbour and fil both work for Nissan. Both had a juke and both has swapped it for a note less than 12 months later.

I've had a family of Nissans over a period of time.
Micra
Almera
Note (my currant car)
new Micra courtesy while the Note is in the garage (had a bump)

Almera had a nice sized boot ,long bonnet but not a heck of a lot of room for back seat passengers
Note has decent sized boot and good passenger space but feels more like a 'box'. Not the mosr exiting drive but gets me there and back.

I don't 'get' the Duke. It's a fugly looking car ( second only to the Cube)

Have you looked at the Quashqai (sp) if you want something bigger .
But try a test drive of the Note. Might surprise you?

(Personally, I'd go for a bigger engine. Mines a 1.4l. They do a 1.6l too)

WMittens Sat 02-Feb-13 21:51:37

So the OP asks about the Juke, and the only responses talk about Notes, Micras and Almeras?

Hope you like the Juke OP.

I think that's because we're all saying the juke has a tiny boot and tiny back seats, try this instead...

WMittens Sun 03-Feb-13 11:07:31

OP hasn't said a tiny boot and tiny back seats are a concern.

Anyone have any experience of the Juke

Or opinions

OP has got the 03 Micra.
I've had 3 Nissans of my own and had various Nissan courtesy cars.
I'm giving her an opininion.
My opinion.

She can take it or leave it. No-one is going to buy a Nissan Note because I say "Oh they fit the bill"

RibenaFiend Mon 04-Feb-13 00:06:50

I liked the Juke but it doesn't have 4x4 and IMO if it looks like that than it bloody well should.

DP hated it however hmm

WMittens Mon 04-Feb-13 08:47:27

I liked the Juke but it doesn't have 4x4 and IMO if it looks like that than it bloody well should.

The Juke Tekna and Juke Nismo have options of 4WD.

RibenaFiend Tue 05-Feb-13 22:12:50

Oooooh Mittens!!!

Great. Now I'm reconsidering!!!

I have a juke. Boot space is small, but can be made pretty deep and you can squeeze a fair amount in with judicious packing. It's big enough for my day to day requirements and I like the driving position and the fact that it eats up speed bumps! I only have one child, and rarely need to take the buggy in the car, so the limited boot space is not a huge concern. Will mre kids / stuff to transport I might find it nt up to the job.

eggsandwich Tue 19-Feb-13 16:14:39

I've got a juke, and have had it for a year now. Previously had a vw tiguan so was very apprensive going for a smaller car. As YorshireTeaDrinker has said you can make the boot space deeper which is what I have done, especially when doing a monthly shop. I don't have the 4WD option on mine, but after having it a year I can honestly say it's the best car I have ever driven, and very fast. The only negative's are that the bill quality is not like the VW and could also do with a bigger petrol tank, but other than that its a joy to drive.

worley Sun 28-Jul-13 09:38:11

Just wondering if the op got a juke in the end and how she's getting in with it?

I've test drove one and hoping to get a tekna this month on a works salary sacrifice scheme. The boot space is not an issue but getting my 6ft ds1 in the back is, he seemed to fit in it fine.. Any other issues with or problems arisen so far?

Other cars such as focus and golf were over my budget but the juke was within..hence looking at it

MrsPercyPig Mon 29-Jul-13 05:56:35

I wouldn't touch the Nisan Juke if you are looking for someone to fit in the back on a regular post (poster who asked about son in back).

I bought a brand new Juke last year and sold it within 2 months- I hated it.

The roof slants as it goes back, so for the people sitting in the rear of the car, your head space is kind of cut off.

The boot space is terrible! It doesn't hold more than a few bags of shopping and as another poster said the fuel tank is too small!

Sorry to be negative but I really, really do not rate this car ( and I so wanted to love it!)

AKAK81 Wed 07-Aug-13 12:23:26

What about a Qashqai as an alternative? As a 6ft 2 bloke I have sat in the back without issue. Also note that a Juke is not very fast as described above - in fact it is hugely slow and could only be described as very fast if being compared to a push bike.

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Wed 07-Aug-13 12:32:09

A push bike woukd probably be faster than my old micra. But I LOVE it. Nissans are the way forward.

WMittens Wed 07-Aug-13 13:07:47

Also note that a Juke is not very fast as described above - in fact it is hugely slow

Apart from the Juke-R wink

AKAK81 Wed 07-Aug-13 13:17:32

Seeing as eggsandwich has a 2wd Juke we can safely assume its not an R

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now